In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best thing I have bought in years.....

William81William81 Member Posts: 25,197 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
No it is not a gun, It's a heavy bag. It was actually a Christmas present for my son. Almost every evening I put on the gloves and go beat the crap out of it.

Good exercise and a great way to blow off some stress from the day.
Anyone else have one...

Comments

• D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    Those things will definitely wear you out. Great workout, though. Good for you.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lot of fun aren't they, me and my wife love it, my two year old even got gloves from his aunt for his birthday. he likes to hit it too[:)]

very good workout, i have a couple of nephews that have gloves and love boxing each other and their friends in town. they come out and we go at it a little bit, im 28 and they are 17 and 18. they can hit me in the face/head but i cant them[V] i do though when they get me tired out and wont stop punching me[B)] so then yes i do give them a shot to the side of the head...once[:D]
  • 2ndamendright2ndamendright Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes I have one and agree about the value! Just be careful... You catch it with a solid punch at the wrong time in the swing and you may break something... If no break, it will still hurt like hell!
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 25,197 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I almost hurt myself a couple of times before I got better gloves with wrist support.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Yea I just hang the ole bag up and give her a few punches. I usually make certain she has breakfast cooked first.[:D]
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Try to get some mma gloves they are open palm boxing gloves good ptotection for contact sparring, I guess they will protect your knuckles from getting busted up too if you want (I prefer to bust my knuckles makes them harder when they heal). The best thing is they will allow you to do a wide rage of open hand strikes from multiple angles as well as grapple. I find them to be indespesible for sparring. I prefer to hit my heavy bag bare handed, just personal preference. Congrats on the heavy bag its a good conerstone of any good workout.

I am on my second bag, first one lasted almost 13 years of daily use, it was covered in duct tape because the leather cover was busted open in several places, still worked till I tried to make fun of my wife's fighting style by jumping and hanging on the bag and biting it. the nylon strap that held on the D ring ripped out where it was sewn into the bag and it wouldn't hang right after that. I've had my "new" one for about 2 years and love it.

I use the Nevatear Double Ended MMA Bag in 14x48" 100lbs, as well as an xxl wavemaster free standing bag and a Body Opponent Bag. It really does help with stress. If you are looking into making a home training gym let me know and I will help you out.