In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shipping magazines

darby27darby27 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Just double checking, but you don't need an FFL to ship a magazine do you? I want to ship a preban hi cap magazine..Do I need to ship it to an FFL? Thanks for the responeses

Comments

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No FFL needed. Just make sure that the state you're shipping them to allows the private ownership of the magazines you are shipping.
  • ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    California, NJ (I think), and probably after this Wednesday, Massachusetts will be another state no more high cap mag sales are allowed.If you post the state you're shipping to, you can probably get a positve answer from a resident of that state.
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Confirmed. Here in Kalifornia, you cannot ship in any mag over 10 rounds, and companies are taking no chances. Buddy has an Ishapore 2A BOLT ACTION in .308 that takes detachable 10 rounder, and no one would send him one, even tho it was legal. Why should they put their tush on the line? It's not like there is a huge profit margin.
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltare
  • darby27darby27 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the responses. I was planning on shipping to Illinios. Any know issues with this state?