In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

THANK YOU , MR. PRESIDENT, SIR!

stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I had admittedly begun to lose some faith in our president's salt.Tonight he told the American people what we deserve to hear. He told the rest of the world to get get with the program or hold on to your *!This speech will mot make him popular on the world stage, but I for one believe it's time to start buiding a whole new theater!There are monsters in this world and there are people who are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.Let's make it legal, shall we!
My wife?.........Sure!My dog?..........Maybe!MY GUNS??........NEVER!!!

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    I thought G.W. really hit the mark.I don't put much stock in speeches and think all this rise-and-clap four hundred times is akin to a three ring circus. But I liked what the Pres. said and I think he was sincere and I think he's damn pissed off.
  • Options
    GunHawkeGunHawke Member Posts: 576 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto, Lowrider!(Is a Sportster considered a REAL Harley?)
    "They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull a trigger. I won't!" J.B. Books
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Many have underestimated George W. Bush time after time....He is everything I have known and hoped him to be. To use Mr Bush's words..."if you're not with us....then you're against us".....and that goes for those who critisize the President or the flag.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The whole office stopped working tonight when the Commander in Chief began his address. His words were succinct and they were free of the flowery feel-good verbage that the previous administration was notorious for delivering. I don't mean to mince politics with the business of the day but I don't like the political kudos that Tony Blair is experiencing right now. He's a downright b@$t@rd who would love to flex in any way that he can to see our 2nd Ammendment rights disappear!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GunHawke: Hell yes a Sportster is a "real" Harley. Go to the motorcycle drag races sometime and see what models the Harley racers are running. Sportsters mostly. The Sporty engine has the potential to make an enormous amount of horsepower and because of the valve train geometry will handle a lot more RPMs than a Big Twin engine. I watched a modified, nitro-burning Sportster drag bike dyno at over 400 horsepower. Now that's an *-kickin' motorcycle engine.
  • Options
    Free N TXFree N TX Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it just me or did anyone else notice that Hilary Klinton did not seem very happy with what our President had to say. She looked like someone had just pissed in her post toasties.I am sooooo glad we now have a leader that has the balls to stand up to the thugs of the world.
  • Options
    ed in il.ed in il. Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    back in 1980 i started a battle of jap vs harley at our local backroad drag strip. it all started when myself and some friends were out exercising our jap bikes. i had a honda cbx six cylinder ( hondas first 11 second street bike) and these harley guys were hanging out and said we know of a sportster that'll take you. i said go get it...here comes a stock sporty with drag pipes pulling up with a guy that was dead serious about going to beat me... i should have let him win the first one but i couldn't hold back with his cocky attitude so by the 1/8th i was so far ahead that i was able to pull into a road at the 1/4 mark and stop...this calmed him down as i guess he must had not been around any fast jap bikes.....but 12 months later this guy was back ready for action...i dont know how much he spent with s&s on the engine but i'll tell you it ran and sounded like a smallblock chevy ..i friend that had a very warmed over 1150 suzuki with air shift ran him as i was bikeless at this time(besides his bike was a lot faster than my cbx.) the jap bike won by only a bike length...but my buddy (who'd had damn fast stuff all his life) was impressed how a few feet past the qtr the harley blew by him going at least 25 mph faster....the owner said the harley was really set up for 60mph roll-ons when being passed on the highway. my point is even though i'm a jap bike fan don't under estimate the other guy ..he might have spended enough to surprise you!!!
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How did this thread go from George's speech to bikes (read H-D) and motorcycles (read Rice Burners)?I suppose when you think of REAL MEN (GWB), Harleys come immediately to mind.My first bike was WAAAYYY before there was a Jap bike in the U.S. (1951 Indian....NEW)).Anyway....I learned early in H-D 101 to not mess with the "rice burners". If they want to go fast...Let 'em. WHO CARES if you can do 130 up hill. What have you got when you get where you're going? Nothin' more than I do when I get there goin' half that speed. I'm not afraid to go fast. It's crashin' and burnin' that sucks. On ANY scooter, all it takes is one mistake. Your fault, their fault, nobody's fault. YOU"RE DEAD!!!! DAMN, another rant!!!Ride safe.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.[This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-21-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 09-21-2001).]
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well to return to the original thread [grin] . . . . I had serious reservations about GW but worked for his election. And from Election Night onward, my respect and admiration for this MAN has grown almost daily. He has principles - and like Truman & TR he isn't afraid to express them; he speaks from his heart with a pure honesty that blows me away. This MAN *AIN'T* some blow-dried photo-op sound bite spin doctor phenom. I've always been proud of my country, but this is the first time since 1960 that I've been unreservedly proud of my President.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ICONOCLAST....Blow dried, photo op, sound bite, spin doctor phenom? That's good! BUT...that description fits only one person and you left out SCUM BAG!Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, OK, Mudge, I'm sorry! And I left out "and her husband" also. Off topic, but in every photo since the attacks, Her Righteousness has looked mighty unhappy . . . her dreams of 2004 are clearly shattered. I would bet all my worldly goods that has been the primary idea in her mind since that second plane hit. The contrast between Bubba & GW is like day & night. And where these vermin struck literally and figuratively at the core of her constituents she's doubly handicapped, for she can't even play loyal opposition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah...I noticed that too. She's a remarkablyunattractive woman to begin with and now she looks unattractive AND disappointed. Last night she couldn't even LOOK interested.Charlie Schumer, on the other hand, LOOKS enthusiastic and interested. BEWARE!!! That'shis act. Get you watching one hand so you don't see the other hand sticking it to you.I call him the "Smiling Cobra".DAMN!!! Ya' got me off on another rant!!!Ah' 'preciate it.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The original motorcycle question asked by GunHawke, and I believe it was tongue-in-cheek, was whether or not a Sportster was a "real Harley?"My answer said nothing about Harleys vs. Jappers.I've also owned a bunch of Japanese, British, Italian and German bikes. I now ride a Harley because that's what I like.My current ride, a 1991 FXRS Lowrider Convertible, has over 70,000 miles on it and is worth more than I paid for it new in 1991. Ride your Japanese bikes for ten years and then see if you can sell them for a profit. In fact, you see very few 10 year old Jap. bikes even still on the road.I like all motorcycles. I wish I could have one of every bike made. But I LOVE my Harley. Oh yeah. Go George W! Yer the Man!!! [This message has been edited by Lowrider (edited 09-21-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I couldn't agree more, Dano. Get on your scooter (any brand), get your face in the wind and let's go get a beer.
  • Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ride a Vespa. Does that count?
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com