In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Have You Noticed .......

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Has anyone else noticed people seem to be nicer since 9-11? Last Saturday night I stoped by a Quik-Shop, as I was going in 3 young black men (kinda "Gangsta" looking) were comming out, the third one held the door for me (not like a doorman or anything, just with the tip of his fingers as he was walking out); I said something like "Thanks, how's it going", he replied with something like "Cool man" ... for some reason this struck me as kind of odd, but didn't think much about it at the time ... since then I've noticed several occourances of politeness (mostly by the younger generation) usually reserved for gunshows ... I don't think I've been blind to it ... anyone else notice this kind of unusual behavior?
GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea I noticed that too. This middle aged lady pulls up in her infinity, and as she walks by says "Good Morning". I'm used to these richies breezing right by and letting the door smack me in the face...
  • Options
    Smoky14Smoky14 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a matter of fact YES. It is better where I live as it is a military town, but there has been a definite increase in civility. An armed society is a polite society..and the number of people packing has increased around here. I'm usually the only person on the range at my weekly outing but the last two weeks have been real busy. I love to see that.PS Kimberkid: I was talking to Kimber and was told that drifting my sights would void my warrantee. Have you ever heard of such a thing?
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I've heard that but never really ran into it! Supposedly they don't want anyone messing with "Thier guns" while under warrenty ... even the sights. Probably has something to do with limits of liability.I've never had a Kimber that needed a sight adjustment though, what did they suggest you do if your sights don't line up?
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya'll come on down South to the smaller towns. Where I live most everyone, stranger, black or white, nods and says hey, and holds the door for ya. Another thing I noted when I had a broken leg and was using crutches was that blacks would be much more likely than whites to hold a door open for me.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.[This message has been edited by badboybob (edited 09-28-2001).]