In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

71 buckhead (barbershop)

SCorversSCorvers Member Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
Was in the Hotlanta area this weekend and wanted / needed a shave and a haircut. Found this place and came away feeling like a new man. Normally I don't like a woman cutting my hair, but the Hispanic lady who serviced me gets a Real Man's thumbs up!!!! Only cost me $27 (I know. Iknow. 10 years ago I used to pay $13), 37 with the tip.
If you live in the area, I highly reccomend the place. Not your daddy's barbershop, but close enough considering what is offered nowadays.

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Today I pay $13.00......what the heck did she do for $27.00?
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have too much money.........

Merc
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i pay $6.00 for a hair cut
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Wife does mine for free...no idea how much that costs.
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did she use a disposable razor to shave you? I understand that with , all the new blood borne diseases, most barbers won't give a shave anymore.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Used a safety razor instead of a straight. I swear I didn't have to shave for 3 days after that.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Neat. Just don't tell anyone who relies on your financial support what you did. Joe
  • Options
    davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm cheap. I got a FlowBee, taks about 10 min twice a month. Puuuurrrttttyyyyy.
  • Options
    gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Wow.....Buckhead. Way back in the day I lived off of Buford Hwy for about 8 months. I was 21 at the time. Spent A Lot of time at The Mellow Mushroom downtown and also a place called Greens (I think it was called Greens). Those were some crazy days for sure!
  • Options
    iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    quote:10 years ago I used to pay $13

That's even worse than paying $27 today!!! 10 years ago I was paying $8.00. Today, they're free. My wife does it!! Of course, I don't have near as much hair now as I did then!! [8)]
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is Aunt Charlie's still there? In Buckhead?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Man,ya'll some tight wad sumbritches. My wife thinks I'm chincy. Ya'll take the cake. I married my wife for other things besides cutting my hair. If they are that good, setup a store front and take money from free spenders like me. Do ya'll live in a bunker up in the hills? Is there runnin' water up your way?
    Geez, live a little fellas. Give the ol' lady a break and get a proper shave and haircut. Now I know why real barbers are so hard to find nowadays. Squeaking cheeks like ya'll have put them all out of business.
    Plus, the last thing I want is my ol' lady around me with sharp objects.

10 years ago Union rates for a haircut was $8 and a shave was $5.
    Taday union rates are $10, not sure on the shave.
    And does your wives trim your eyebrows and nose hairs? Or do you just walk around lookin' wooly and with a BAD haircut?[:D]