In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Great Day at the Range

William81William81 Member Posts: 25,185 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 25,185 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spent about five hours at the range today with two good friends HDColt 51 and Scotty Mac. We got a little competitive and each of us won the gold silver and bronze a few times. Didn't realize how much time had gone by until I saw the sun setting. Than I got to enjoy a few drinks at the bar with my good buddy and a sexy sweet heart waitress. Can't beat living in America.
    edited November -1
    My older brother is in town for the holidays. Haven?t seen him in 2 years as he lives in Thailand.

He got in town yesterday- naturally today we went shooting.

I got to zero my XDM with the RMR and a I outshot my Cylinder & Slide Hi-Power.
    Pretty happy with the RMR- the accuracy is there, the range we were at restricts rapid fire - so the real test is this coming Wednesday night at my regular match.

Then I pulled out a few safe queens that I?d never shot and brought those along zero?d in some real expensive rifles and glass.

Just happened my best friend showed up at the range as well (also goes back 20 years with my brother)- So the day couldn?t have been any better.

I was lights out with pistols, shooting clover leafs with rifles, and spending the day with 2 of the best men I?ve ever known.
    edited January 1
    edited December 2021
    edited January 1
    I had the day off today and as it was in the low 40's, I headed off to the range. The last person to use the range
    edited November -1
    My youngest son is a traveling consultant and we only get to see him 4 or 5 times a year. He was in Missouri this week so he has been staying with us on the farm. Today I met him in Columbia and we hit an indoor range and puts a few hundred rounds down range.

We shot a S&W 637, Glock 34 and 42, NAA .22 mag and a Colt AR clone in .22. My son was considering the 637 and G42 as possible CCW. It was a great time.

And yes he can out shoot me with some of my guns!!!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    You're right, a day at the range is a good day indeed.I put a new Bushnell scope on the ol Ruger 10/22 and set out to sight it in. 500 rounds later, I was satisfied that I had it, lol.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com