In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Yet another reason for CCW;Gunman's aimless shots kill 1

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
"...the shooting lasted about 10 minutes - time enough for the gunman to reload his weapon twice..."Many Nebraskans have been convinced by liberals, and State Senator Ernie Chambers in particular, that they have no right to defend themselves. This is what happens when your rights are legislated and "PC'd" away.CCW does not exist in NE, but these folks in this Omaha neighborhood had nothing even in their homes with which to defend themselves.
Gunman's aimless shots kill 1BY SHANNON HENSON WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER A man sprayed a neighborhood with gunfire Wednesday night, killing a man on a third-floor balcony. An Omaha police officer stands over the body of a gunshot victim Wednesday night. Police arrested a man at the scene. He was still firing when officers arrived in the 500 block of South 31st Street, said Officer Meg Fricke, police spokeswoman. The dead man was identified as Rosalio Ortiz-Rosales, 26. The shooting started before 9 p.m. in the midtown neighborhood. Witnesses looked out their windows and saw a gunman walking around - apparently shooting randomly from a yard, the sidewalk and the street. Bullets flew all around the block - shattering windows in homes and cars. At least one person was injured by flying glass. Witnesses said the shooting lasted about 10 minutes - time enough for the gunman to reload his weapon twice. Andrea Rye, who lives across the street, said it looked as if the man was shooting "aimlessly." Fricke said he fired "too many rounds to count." Numerous residents called 911. The gunman was in an enclosed front porch when officers arrived, witnesses said. He surrendered to officers without a fight. Ortiz-Rosales' body lay on the balcony of his apartment at 511 S. 31st St. as officers combed the scene - breaking down and knocking on doors - looking for other potential victims. "Is that guy alive?" asked witness Brad Clark as police worked the scene. "Oh, he can't be alive." Clark saw the shooting from a nearby apartment on the third floor - high enough that he felt safe looking out the window. Clark saw three other people on the balcony where the body was found. http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_div=3&u_hdg=0&u_sid=251479

Comments

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lets see here, you dont have a right to defend yourself, and the police are not obligated to ... even though I beleive most would, IF they got there in time.I'm not slamming the Police/LEO, but they can't be everywhere at once ... it is great when they're there where you need them, when you need them, but thats usually not the case.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Omaha is 35 miles from here. The neighborhood looked like mostly Mexican people. Someone should have taken him out. In Nebraska, you can come to the aid of a neighbor and use deadly force if it is a must. Had a neighbor who's 25 year old son thought it was OK to beat the crap out of a guy in a wheelchair. The guys(in the wheelchair) neighbor came over to stop the fight, ended up shooting and killin the agressor. No charges filed. This was about 10 years ago, but I don't think the law has been changed.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Another of the anti-gun, liberal media catch-phrases; the guy was "spraying" bullets throughout the neighborhood.I own many different semi-automatic rifles and handguns and none of them "spray" bullets. If the dude was shooting for 10 minutes and only reloaded twice, that's not much of a spray.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they think around 40 to 50 rounds fired in 10 minutes. I could do that in 20 seconds! ;-)
  • Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TENNESSEE LAW SAYS IF YOUR LIFE OR THE LIVES OF THOSE AROUND YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER OF DEATH OR SERIOUS * HARM YOU CAN USE DEADLY FORCE.SOME ONE WALKING THROUGH MY NEIBORHOOD DOIN THAT AINT GONNA MAKE IT LONG
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here it comes the nesesity of EDUCATION ,howusefull a shingshot with a 3/8 steel ball ora "divers" harpoon gun or a 1,000fps .177pellet gun might have been to stop this SOBcold in his tracks ,maybe we need a POST infor only defence tactics and tricks.....
    Good , Bad ? Who cares? as long I am the one with the GUN..