In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WATCH OPRAH ON MONDAY

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Her subject is going to be "Why are more americans Killing each other with guns, than any other nations people killing each other"

I bet that is going to be one biased program..

Will have to wait to see the stats she has to offer..

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"

Blue_star-eagle.gif

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WITH HERE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS SHE COULD BUY US ALL A VEST[:D][:D][:D]

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care WHAT she has to say - I'm not watchin' her!

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry I have better things to do with my time
    than to listen to that liberial bit*h
    If you ask me she and people like her are a major part of the problem with this country

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That was my suggestion...not Classic's... I was watching Oprah and the fantasy wedding as I was dying on the couch...and thought it would make a good program to watch....

Liberal maybe... but at least you would know what you are fighting...after all ...she has a bigger audience than any of the pro gun forums....

When a person closes their minds...awwww forget it.. what the heck is the use....

The best way to win an argument is to take the other persons statements and prove them wrong with facts of your own... so you tell us... "Why are more Americans killing each other with guns than any other nation on earth".....
    Refusing to listen or watch any "liberal" viewpoints is not going to win the pro gun argument.... Fight facts with facts.... Prove them wrong... Stats can be skewed so friggin easily.... Its done all the time...but to ask anyone to watch a "liberal" show and prove her wrong?????... Godddddd did I just ask anyone to committ suicide?....

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nothin' personal to you blackroses... I just can't stand to see certian people. Sometimes it is for their beliefs, sometimes for reasons unexplained... I'll never see Oprah, I'll never have a debate with her, She'll never personally read any letters I send her. So what's the point of irritating myself over what she has to say?

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not afraid to watch but I don't consider Oprah to be "think tank" material and I don't expect her to have any insight. Do you really think she'll make a major issue out of Black gangmembers killing each other in low-income neighborhoods? Or is she going to waste everyone's time talking about "guns?" I don't know, but I'll watch if I'm near a TV and see. I don't have high expectations, so I'm not likely to be very disappointed.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am not saying I enjoy Oprah or support her... I was feeling too miserable to change the channel and that came on about what is coming on Monday on her show.....
    We are always talking gun rights here... bashing the ones who believe otherwise... well it was a chance to listen to their "facts" and prove them wrong....Where does the stats come from about more americans killing each other with guns?... isnt that a bit like common sense??... I mean what other country allows guns to the average citizen?....It doesnt take much to dispute the arguments... what about the countries like Iraq?... how many citizens there are killed?.... does it compare to the American stats?... what is she basing it all on?...
    You want to convert anti gun people to our way of thinking?... well the first way is to dispute certain ideas and so called facts.... otherwise they win...

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oprah is now an official billionaire... She made the Forbes list today.

Iraqi: "Is it true that only 13% of American kids can find Iraq on a map?"
    American reporter: "Yes, but all 13% are Marines"

"I think life should be more like TV. All of life's problems ought to be solved within 30 minutes with simple homilies. All our desires should be instantly gratified. Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns. Of course, if life was really like that, what would we watch on TV?"

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    chunk....Who cares??? so what if she is a billionaire.... at least I will be ready to dispute anything she can put up as facts.....

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Options
    357357 Member Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She's rich enough to be a Republican now haha. [:o)]
  • Options
    snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the problem I see with this is you can not convince a closed mind

Lt. snarlgard RRG
    SMILE...MAKE EM WONDER WHAT YOUR UP TO
  • Options
    BoltactionManBoltactionMan Member Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Guys, listen to Roses point. You ain't necessarily going to change Oprah's mind and if not who cares!?! Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. This isn't about convincing any antigunner, this is about convincing the people who are neither anti or pro gun. Those people are the ones who decide any vote on new gun laws, those are the people you need to help understand.

How are you going to do that when you don't know what BS was spread by Oprah or anyone else in the media. KNOW YOUR ENEMY.

KC
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Black Roses, You are very correct. We should all be watching, And reacting.

I was watching when Rosie O attacked Tom Selleck. Instead of sitting there cussing, And jumping on GB and preaching to the choir. I decided to attack.

I wrote a check for $10 to the NRA, And called it the Rosie O educational fund. I jumped on the computer and contacted others in the outdoor business to tell them what I had done. I also informed the producer of her show that we razed $30000 in four days for the NRA.

I also informed them that I had received pledges from many corporations, And individuals . That every time Rosie said NRA on her show. We would make donations to the Rosie O NRA educational fund.

About a week later. She opened her show by informing the public what was going on. She stated it was her show, And she would say what she wonted. To my knowledge she never said NRA again.

No we are not rich powerful people, Nor giants of the entertainment industry. We can sure act like a swarm of Bees though. Two are three million gun owners sending a couple bucks each to the NRA in there name, Shakes these people up. We have a voice. Use it. Just don't come on here crying Tuesday morning. ACT.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    "Why are Americans killing more of each other with guns than any other nation's people killing each other?"

The answer's really simple: math. We have more people than anyone else other than China and India. And while our gun death rate might be quite high on the surface, how many are self-defense killings?

Our gun death rate may be high, but I guarantee our rate of rape and murder (note: "murder", not "killing." Self-defense may involve killing at times) is a lot lower.

Someone ought to call in and give her some statistics on the use of firearms in self-defense.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I would be asking another question. Why are more Americans killing Americans with cars than any other nation? I think we should have a ban on assult vehicles. You know thoss cars and trucks and suv's that are the evil black with fog lights and after market attachments and such. Makes me shiver just to see one near a school. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg