In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sittiing here . . .

flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I was supposed to be having dinner with my girlfriend's family tonight. First time I was going to meet her Father[:0]. Anyway, she ate some bad tunafish or something for lunch today, and she's been in bad shape all evening. I even bought flowers for her Mother (its here B-day today)! Oh well, dinner is called off, I'm eating pizza, and I guess the big intros will have to wait. She's worried that her Mom is dissapointed about not having her daughter with her for her B-Day, but I'm just telling her to relax.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    How old are ya?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm 12 years old. My first date.

Actually, we are both 30. Like nearly everyone else who lives in NYC, nobody here is actually FROM the city. It is her Mother's birthday, and her parents were going to come in from 3 hours out of town to have dinner with the two of us tonight. We've been with each other for about 3 mos, and I've yet to meet the parents, so this was sort of big evening for us.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    that puts a new turn on things, didn't realize the distance thing and so on. If you are both truely in love everything will work out for the best, it always does.

take care and good luck.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • flat8flat8 Member Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No worries. I've been sipping wine for the past few hours, so I most likely sound (and write) like a 12 year old. [;)] Damn, this GB site has got me hooked . . and now I'm airing out my love life here to boot!
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would rather be 30 than 12!
    Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live"
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    flat8, we're all friends here. I'm hooked on GB too, but wish we had a chat room.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Call the girl friend and make sure she is OK. Call the Mother and let her know her daughter is OK and you care and ask her if she like the flowers. The leth the Mother and father know you would love to take them out to supper when the daughter is feeling better. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO