In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey Bambi?

bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Found a nice Smith and Wesson used cop gun in 10mm. I believe the model is 1076. It's a nine shot mag cap stainless. Are they any good? It looks like it was never shot much. Maybe issued to a desk guy that only had to qualify with it.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, they're junk - ya better tell me where it's at so you can avoid the risk. [;)]

I've been wanting to find a good 1076 in the FBI variant which simply put has no magazine safety (and has a warning on the slide to that effect). They aren't hard to find, but to find one near mint is - that's why I'm still looking. [:(!]

In my opinion, all the S&W 10xx guns are well-built but I like the frame-mounted decocker version the best. The values will vary from $300 to $700 depending on which model it is, the condition, and which variant.

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I like the 10mm as a caliber, but have only shot it in the glocks which I don't care for much. The S&W fits my hands a lot better.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
    edited November -1
    If you want to find out more info on the gun I'll give what advice I can on it. I have looked extensively at the whole S&W line so I know something about 'em. If it's a 1076 (especially with the warning on the slide) let me know if you don't want it and it's in good shape.
    I now have more 10mm's than I do .22 rimfires. [8D]

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I posted one time about my experience with the caliber and an old thickwalled water tank. At close range a 45 dented the outside, a 357 penetrated the outside and dented the far side, the 10mm went clean through the tank and embedded itself in a junk car. Pretty impressive power for a manageable handgun round.
    I'll probably get the pistol. I was thinking about the 50 Desert Eagle, but they cost too much and are a lot to lug around.

• jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    YOU GUYS KEEP TALKING ABOUT YOUR 10MM AND I'LL...I'LL...I'LL...I'LL HAVE TA GO AND * ONE MYSELF!!!!

But after just the other day promising the wife I'd curtail purchases for a while, an Interarms Stainless PPK walked up my driveway, and knocked at the door. I might invite him in, let'um bunk with the others, in my nice cozy safe...
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    The 1076 is a very good gun. The 10mm round is excellent. Like Bambi I have been looking for one also in the FBI configuration. You can not go wrong with a 10mm. my 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
    edited November -1
    Greg, can you believe this? BDJ walks into a store and finds a great 1076 and I've looked for about a year for one in the right condition and I only found one but was too late. [}:)]

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Luck of the Irish? I do not get it ither. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO