In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Microsoft is pulling the plug on me tonight.

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
At 12:00 Microsoft will no longer support my WEBTV/MSNTV2 internet web browser.I have used this system for appox 14 years.It is faster than any computer in our house.it takes 16 seconds to get online and i could switch from one website to another in about 2 seconds.I could send pictures right from the machine without using a picture hosting site.It only cost me $10.00 a month.I guess I will have to start using real computer now.Like the Terminator said, I'LL BE BACK.

EvilDr235

Comments

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used WebTV for many years, and you are right, so many things were user friendly. I just found too many websites stopped being compatible for what I was interested in.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THey have something to replace it, but it will cost you.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a friend that used to have WEBTV, after 5 emails his box would be full.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well mine is still working this morning 24 hour after they were going to shut it off.My wife rarely uses WEBTV,so she has over 2,500 unread emails.She spent half a day trying to read them all and gave up after reading a few hundred.

EvilDr235
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't be so quick to give up.

When MS says they "will no longer support" something, that usually means that it may still run, but they will no longer offer advice if you have problems with it. And, if some software is not compatible with it, you are just out of luck.

Neal
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    That was my introduction to the internet back in 94. I quit using it about five years ago because of so many sites I couldn't access. It was a wonderful machine for what it was and what it did. NO VIRUS WORRIES - EVER!

Sad to see it go.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well at about 11:45 a on screen notice said we are now shut down.Thanks for all the money we got from you so go bang yourself chump.I hit the back button and it started working again.I know as soon as I turn it off,it will be gone.Damn Microsoft.

Disappointed in Washington.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Don't shut it off..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am not going to,but I have to be careful what sites I visit.Some will knock me off line for what ever reason.

EvilDr235