In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger Mark II Model 678

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I bought one of these for my son 2 years ago for christmas. Very nice gun, shoots very good, and no problems. There has probably been 1,000 rounds shot out of it so far. What is your opinion on the gun and how is it going to hold up do you suppose. I am sure ruger will take care of any problems I might have in the future but was thinking about another one for myself. I posted in ask the experts column about a scope mount for it because my son would like one on it for squirrel hunting. Received replies on different mounts but I am looking for a see thru mount so he can sight in with scope or open sights. Do they make one and can you tell me who makes it?[?]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

Comments

• EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have three of them myself.You will never wear it out.Easy to shoot good and feed.I have a good friend that has owned one for over 25 years and it has never been back for any repair work.keep it clean and oiled.I recently bought a scope mount that replaces the right grip panel and takes Weaver type rings.It can be a little difficult the first few times you reassemble it.Only the Colt 1911 type pistols have more aftermarket parts for it.I have a bucket full of other Ruger 22 autos,but the 6-7/8 is still my favorite.
    EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey evildr235, The mount you bought that replaces one of the grips, does it match the other side that is original or does it come with another to match the one that comes with the scope mount?

• NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are several types of sites avaliable now so I would shop around.As for the gun I dont think you can wear one out,Im serious you may have to replace a spring or something.These guns were designed to last.Happy Hunting!

Best!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey rugster, Thanks, My son loves this gun and I would like to actually find a mount that is see thru and I have heard that there is one but I cannot find one that I can see. I would prefer one so do you know of any and who makes it?

• EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't remember right off hand if it matches the other side.I don't think it is checkerd. I believe it is made by Aim-Tech and is made of aluminum.I mounted a laser on mine instead of a scope.I will get a scope for it later.I would get a Brownell's catalog.It is full of Ruger 22 goodies.
    EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.