In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

USPS Sucks!

wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
That's right, they suck! They lost the Kabar! Gap1916 was generous enough to have the Kabar giveaway and I was lucky enough to win. He mailed it and it's lost in the mail. He has gone way out of his way and tried to track but as of yet, NG! A very BIG THANKS to Greg, gap1916 for all his efforts in trying to track down. I'll keep my hopes up maybe it'll show up but for now,[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

Steve

ag00612_.gifsun_setting.gif
Fight Crime, Shoot First

Comments

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Hey Whiz, I have had stuff shipped USPS "priority mail" that showed up 3 to 4 weeks later. Hang in there.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: Hey Whiz, I have had stuff shipped USPS "priority mail" that showed up 3 to 4 weeks later. Hang in there.

DITTO. And the funny thing is, it's only happened with knives.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I am on the trail of the missing package. Stuff happens [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm still waiting for the Priority envelope with the MO for an order sent two-three years ago (guy sent a replacement) and a check from Beach mailed in the same time frame. Not holding my breath. UPS has stuff fall off the back of the truck, also. I've had my best luck with FedEx and their ground rates are slightly lower than UPS, although their delivery times seem to be slightly longer and it seems many of the drivers cannot, if their lives depended on it, find their way past where the sidewalks end. I even had one package the receiving terminal *mailed* to the recipient because they didn't want to send their driver out to East Overshoe, Nebraska. Why the first PO even accepted it is beyond me ("ORM-D" labels all over it) and for sure the receiving PO was ticked - I believe they filed some complaints.

They *all* suck, and it reflects the mentality of many in the workforce who only take pride in doing the least they can to secure a paycheck. The term is "drones." There are plenty of hard-working people in the USPS and the other carriers, but it only takes a small percentage to screw things up in any operation.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I waited six months for an order from a conceal shirt maker. He shipped it 1 week after order. Never got charged for it till I got it a half year later in a crumbled box. It was a collectors item by the time I got it.
  • Cyberdyne systemsCyberdyne systems Member Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use USPS for most of my transactions and I have never had any problems? usually when something doesnt show up it's because the person never shipped it, thats why you should use delivery confirmation so you can track it
  • WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The USPS would be better off just putting tracking number on all packages over one pound like the private shippers do (FedEX UPS) and include it in the price they are just trying to make a little extra money by chargeing for it. But living up here USPS is the only way to ship things UPS and FedEX will only allow you to send stuff air freight which means NO gorund rates you have to send it next day or two days which gets expensive fast

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
    I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    RELAX Out here in the boonies, UPS is King. If I'm expecting a gun, and miss them, I call dispatch, get a text message through, and meet up with the driver somewhere in town.

If it is gone forever, they will cover the first $100 (free). I think they cost about $60.

I received one from PaB during the shotgun - Wallace Fire-station raffle.
    I love it. I pull the blade and assume defensive posture against an invisible enemy. I know some offensive tactics. I bet I track down a good book on defensive tactics soon enough.
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only had one problem with the USPS.I shipped a guy a large book.After several weeks after the Delivery confirmation site said it had been delivered the guy emailed me saying he never got it.I sent the guy the D/C number and he checked it himself.He contacted the local PO in his town and talked to the Mailman who had delivered it.Mailman tells him that the book was to big for the mailbox,so he had stuck it under the guys front porch.DUH,
    EvilDr235

Two types of people drive old cars.Rich people because they want to and poor people because they have to.