In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gasoline prices

44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
How bad are the U.S. oil companies going to rip off the U.S Citizens? They take every advantage that they can to steal from their customers and I think they will go hog wild with the Trade Center attack. I hope I am wrong!

Comments

• Options
    44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is all the hype about gasoline prices today? 20 years ago crude oil sold on the open market for $17.59 a barrel which was about $0.42 a gallon (we all know a a barrel of crued oil is 42 gallons) and gasoline sold for $1.13 per gallon. Now crude oil is trading for nearly $100.00 a barrel which is $2.38 a gallon and gasoline sells for around $3.75 a gallon. It burns my * to hear people bash the oil refineries saying they are raping us with the price of gasoliine. The refineries are producing gasoline much cheaper than they did 20 years ago. Do the math and figure what they would be charging if they kept up with the same price ratio of a gallon of crude v/s a gallon of gasoline.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    They will gouge as much as they can!The sun oil company and other refineries here are going steady with no problems but the price of gas is going up!
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I keep hearing horror stories from my native Ohio of $5 per gallon, but things are normal here in WA state: $1.71 for unleaded.
  • Options
    bfairbfair Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gas here in the Fla Panhandle has held steady today at $1.33 for reg. We will see what tomorrow brings. Lines were long you would have thought a hurricane was coming.Keep your powder dry and flints handy.
    When you come to a fork in the road...Take itSemper Paratus
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds to me like we have some arab gas station owners and all the while we thoughtthey only liked motels.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in Topeka Kansas several stations have raised their prices to $3.99 per gallon, but most are still around $1.55/gallon. A friend in K.C. Kansas said he seen stations with prices as high as 4.99/gallon.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    still 1.69 here in the UP of michigan, but lines for gas are about a mile long
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The five-dollar-a-gallon rumor is rampant around here. There is no need to run out and get gas or groceries, and the price gougers will be prosecuted. People need to calm down and stop over-reacting. Gas stations around here were backed up with people filling their cars, gas cans or whatever they could carry. Since I got sent home from work early, I just stayed home to stay away from the madness.
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Any gas station owner raising prices just to rip people off should be beat within an inch of their sorry-assed lives.
  • Options
    geranimogeranimo Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1:37 gallon looking for salimi bedladeen
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and yaser arafart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i need to sight in my rifle bring all those commos i hit them in nam different war
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For once it looks like the crazies are somewhere else than So. Kalifornia. No lines,no price increases. The huge Ontario MillsShopping Mall did close down though.
  • Options
    chemengchemeng Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gas is a 1.53 a gallon most places in Louisville, some stations are gouging (over two bucks) and there are still lines to fill up. What would happen if the idiots had hit a couple of oil refineries instead of office buildings?Mike
  • Options
    gad38gad38 Member Posts: 179
    edited November -1
    Chillocothe , Ohio ,$5.15 a gallon
  • Options
    oneminuteoneminute Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely turn those gougers in!Just before shift change tonight we were told to contact Tennessee Highway Patrol if we saw any gas station advertising prices over 2.00 per gallon.
  • Options
    sjc1sjc1 Member Posts: 130
    edited November -1
    Thousands of Americans are dead....thousands are injured....and we are concerned about gasprices!!!!
  • Options
    hackerhacker Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what we are concerned about is the greedy profiteering during a crisis. these station owners should be horse whipped.
  • Options
    llamas1llamas1 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Houston Texas$1.37 unleaded. I guess things could be worse.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gougers exploiting this tragedy should be given a one-way ticket to Iraq . . . strapped to a bomb w/ Saddam's name on it.
  • Options
    fergusonmorse392fergusonmorse392 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last evening one station in the area was 5.00 per.. today closed! michigian att-gen going after all price gouging....county mounties writing them up.... tv stations going around asking???? price's come down fast!!!
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    A couple places in Ohio closed as well. Why are people buying gas? This was a tragedy, yes, but it impacts the oil and gas supply... how?
    Wenn alles richtig ist, dann stimmt 'was nicht. -Nena (When everything is going right, something is bound to be wrong.)
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    If the prices are high it is the local station owner/operator. The major refiners are ALL holding the line on prices and the price for crude has not gone up significantly.
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Gas stations guilty of gouging are going to get bitten in the *. None in my city but if they did I would start buying elsewhere. People nationwide should boycott stations that did this and send a message.