In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The bushmobile-gimme a break!

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
story.bush.g8.car.ap.jpg

SAVANNAH, Georgia (AP) -- What's red, white and blue, runs off a 72-volt battery and has a top speed of 25 mph? The president's official Bushmobile for the summer Group of Eight summit.

G-8 organizers on Monday unveiled the electric car -- which resembles a golf cart the size of a Volkswagen Beetle -- customized for President Bush to cruise around Sea Island during the June 8-10 meeting of world leaders.

Leaders of the remaining seven countries attending the summit in coastal Georgia need not be jealous. They'll each get similar rides decked out with decal motifs based on their own national flags.

The cars are made by Global Electric Motorcars of Fargo, North Dakota, a subsidiary of Daimler Chrysler. With 12-inch wheels and open sides, they work as high-end golf carts.

But they're also street legal in areas where the speed limit is 35 mph or less, with seat belts, headlights, mirrors and even windshield wipers as standard features.

Capable of driving 30 miles between charging, the vehicles are perfect for a secluded resort like Sea Island, which is only 5 miles long and half-a-mile wide, Bennett said.

The four-seat model the summit leaders will drive -- minus the flashy flag decals -- retails for $8,995.

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    on my campus the grounds workers all run around in those minus the red white and blue

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    I'm not an expert on this one...

But wouldn't he be signalling.. "I'm a showoff.!!" with that toy?
    Expecially with the stars/stripes touch.

Sorry bub.. I like Putin better.

Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Ah yes, it makes an enviromental statement! [8)]
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    WHAT A PIECE OF CARP!! Is that the best our country can do?

Patrick Buzzard
    Michigan National Guard
    19K-- tanker
    "Strike Hard!!"
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    This makes Al Gore a proud man[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Gun_smokes.gif

Swanton.gif
  • Travis HallamTravis Hallam Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OKAY guys watch what you say about the GEM car. I have a 2 seater for a golf cart. Everyone loves it. When we first picked it up we could not go anywhere without someone stopping to talk about it. Even when we stoppped to eat, the waitress would not sit us down until she had a long talk about the golf cart. Unfortunately it has not helped my golf game. But, I can get to my golf ball faster than most anyone else.[:D]

Mad Dog
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Since when is being proud of the red, white, & blue being a 'showoff?'

Last time I checked Savannah was still in the USA. If any visitors from other countries don't like it:

GO THE HE** HOME. DELTA IS READY WHEN YOU ARE!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't mind having one suped up with a V-Twin engine.[:D]

aliens.jpg
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    They should have made him an small scale electric tank with a mini gun mounted to a turret on the roof.[:D]

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think he could take the Pope in the Popemobile?
    I mean, the Popemobile doesn't look as stylish but I'll bet the Cardinals know a thing or two about horsepower!
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    They also used them for security at the Superbowl. The Things won't get 5 miles in a North Dakota winter. And lets see we will have to burn another 1/4 ton of coal to produce the electricity to keep the thing charged. Yup they are great for the environment.