In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

California--- bullet stamping

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) ? In ruling on bullet-stamping law, California Supreme Court says state laws cannot be invalidated on the grounds that complying with them is impossible.
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nothing is impossible in the fruit and nuts state
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Great idea, no more ammo will go to California.

Screw'em.
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can we break California into several states and then sell SF area to the Russians? [:D]
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just tell the as holes all bullets are already stamped but the writing is soooooo small you need a special kind of hi intensity light which is illegal in California.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    Just tell the as holes all bullets are already stamped but the writing is soooooo small you need a special kind of hi intensity light which is illegal in California.
    [:D][:D][:D]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a whole new bureaucracy $$$$
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    What they've ruled on creates a situation where there is no law too stupid to be enforced.
    Can't wait for that Tsunami, so they made their own.
    Morons.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will they require marking each pellet of birdshot in a shotshell???

[:p]
  • Options
    hunter86004hunter86004 Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bullet stamping came up here in Arizona a few years back. IIRC the Rep who wat the bill's sponsor had a financial interest in the company that had the technology to do the stamping.

It was to be a misdemeanor and the LEO I talked about it with just laughed. I guess they would need a search warrant to check your ammo and my LEO friend just laughed at the possibility of getting a search warrant for a misdemeanor in Arizona.

In some parts of California, finding a judge might be a piece of cake.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no bullet stamping going on in Calif.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Turkey
    Can we break California into several states and then sell SF area to the Russians? [:D]

LMAO But do not break up the place where they are contained.

Such a great state, there are still good people that live there. Lets not abandon the chance that the good people can Rally and get their State back.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    There is no bullet stamping going on in Calif.

Technically correct. It was the AP's words (though they are, in fact wrong).
    https://apnews.com/a2efaf83c5a64e9ab26526895b36f0f0
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CA Supreme Court is nothing more than a collection of DEMOCRAT activists. No surprise here.

Ammunition has always been considered an easy target in other states controlled by DEMOCRATs.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jim_lemay
    Potential for a lucrative business. Smuggling contraband.

I believe that's called, "unintended consequences" by the morons that never think past their idiotic memes.
    Just like forcing unwanted, expensive, Goobermint mandated birth control care on 58 year old Nuns.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What has happened to the people of CA is a shame except it is self inflicted.

I lived there as a kid from 67-72 and of all the places I have lived it was the most fun. What a great state with so many things to do and places to see, its a shame the libtards have destroyed it.

I cannot fathom the level of ignorance it takes to even suggest that much less try and implement it.
    RLTW

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    What has happened to the people of CA is a shame except it is self inflicted.

I lived there as a kid from 67-72 and of all the places I have lived it was the most fun. What a great state with so many things to do and places to see, its a shame the libtards have destroyed it.

I cannot fathom the level of ignorance it takes to even suggest that much less try and implement it.

I was born there and spent almost 20 years with the Marines there. And you are right about it being a great place. But by 94 when I retired I was happy to get out.

But I still have family and friends who live their that do not live in one of the big democratic cities. They all think like I do and the way most of you do. If they spit Calif like was suggested at the San Andreas Fault you would have a state on one side who thinks like we do.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep its like WA. I was stationed there for 12 years and once you get 5 miles from I-5 people are really nice and most are conservative(There are exceptions). OR is the same out of the big cities people are fairly normal.

What kills me is here in the East, people from NJ flee the state because it is so screwed up but they come to NC and bring the same values and ways with them thinking they will work here. They are like a cancer. I have heard people from CA are running to TX and bringing their libtard ways with them too.

BTW I lived in La Habra CA in a neighborhood called Hacienda Heights. We could see Catalina Island when the smog was not too bad.[;)]
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1

Unfortunately it's not "ignorance" it's the old "I think it's a good idea so it must be a good idea" attitude of those who have never dealt with the real world.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:(Larry Keane, general counsel for one of the plaintiffs, the National Shooting Sports Foundation) said the law has significantly reduced the number of handguns available for sale in the state.

And that may be the purpose of the law, not making it easier to id guns used in a crime.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/court-nixes-challenge-rare-california-bullet-stamping-law-56246202
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep its like WA. I was stationed there for 12 years and once you get 5 miles from I-5 people are really nice and most are conservative(There are exceptions). OR is the same out of the big cities people are fairly normal.

What kills me is here in the East, people from NJ flee the state because it is so screwed up but they come to NC and bring the same values and ways with them thinking they will work here. They are like a cancer. I have heard people from CA are running to TX and bringing their libtard ways with them too.

BTW I lived in La Habra CA in a neighborhood called Hacienda Heights. We could see Catalina Island when the smog was not too bad.[;)]
    CA people keep migrating north too. How do you think WA and OR got they way they are?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One would think the lands and grooves should be enough.
  • Options
    aliasalias Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:CA people keep migrating north too. How do you think WA and OR got they way they are?

Yeah, because quite obviously 51% of the voting public in both those states moved there from California. No other resident of Washington or Oregon would vote the same as a transplanted Californian. And just as obviously, none of those "transplants" came from any of the remaining conservative area of the state of California. They're all from Sacramento or the bay area. Why aren't those transplants just outvoted by the "thinking majority" of those respective states?
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by alias
    quote:CA people keep migrating north too. How do you think WA and OR got they way they are?

Yeah, because quite obviously 51% of the voting public in both those states moved there from California. No other resident of Washington or Oregon would vote the same as a transplanted Californian. And just as obviously, none of those "transplants" came from any of the remaining conservative area of the state of California. They're all from Sacramento or the bay area. Why aren't those transplants just outvoted by the "thinking majority" of those respective states?

Easy they been moving here for years. Hell I moved up here the 1st time in 84. Most moved up from Silicon Valley. Then here in Oregon we got the Hippies still here with the two of them the rest of us are out voted. Or should I say those of us that show up to vote are out voted.
  • Options
    aliasalias Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Or should I say those of us that show up to vote are out voted

Might that be part of the problem. Them that's there don't care enough to vote?

Of the 2,652,935 registered Oregon voters (as of December 2017) some 1,326,467 of them are either leftover '60s hippies or Silicon Valley transplants. The old hippies will be aging out soon. If we could just send a couple dozen more out of the Silicon Valley it'd be empty, and Californian could by definition then swing back to conservatism?

In full disclosure, I am fully intending to leave California, probably within the next 6 months. But the liberal states in California north, between Weed and the Canadian border, aren't anywhere near where I'd consider moving. I'd just as soon go to Massachusetts or New Jersey o New York state as stay on the west coast. Mostly because, as is evident, just like California the voting public in those places is content with the liberal status quo. Otherwise, all those states would (as Californians are constantly advised by some on here) just vote the liberals and their idiotic ideas out of office.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    quote:Originally posted by jim_lemay
    Potential for a lucrative business. Smuggling contraband.

I believe that's called, "unintended consequences" by the morons that never think past their idiotic memes.
    Just like forcing unwanted, expensive, Goobermint mandated birth control care on 58 year old Nuns.

James Forrestal, the first US Secretary of Defense, correctly said it's not the result of unintended consequence or stupidity. If it were we'd expect things to break our way once in a while.

?Consistency has never been the mark of stupidity. If the diplomats who have mishandled our relations with Russia were merely stupid, they would occasionally make a mistake in our favor.?

Most folks don't know it but as a practical matter importation via FFL (which is about the only legal way a gun can cross state lines in trade) of all new model semi-auto handguns has been banned in CA since "micro-stamping" was implemented about 5 years ago. You will not find a single Colt semi pistol, only one Ruger and two Smiths, on "The Roster". Open up any gun magazine and anything you see for semi-pistol, including rimfire, can't come in. That was the goal, it wasn't a mistake.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    You expect less of a decision from a CALIFORNIA court ??? Califormia judges can't find their * with their own two hands. Though the seem to manage to stick their heads up there on a regular basis. Im thinking the US Supreme court Will see things differently. So if CA mandated that everyone owns a rock from Mars that law isnt invalid because its an imposibility ?