In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I finally have my Holy Grail of handguns

FlyinGNFlyinGN Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well people. I have waited over a year and a half and today I got it.. Its an Alchemy Arms spectre.. Its a hybrid mix of Glock and 1911. The slide is Glock ish (except that its stainless) and removes like a Glock. and the rest is one piece aircraft aluminum. Its striker fired and has a manual safety and grip safety like a 1911. It also has a lock on the bottom by the mag entrance to lock out a mag from be inserted.. This is called KISD (keyed internal storage device)
The grip safety blocks trigger movement and disconnector travel, the manual safety disconnects trigger from the fire control.
This gun can be cocked and locked like a 1911 and when the safety is off and the grip safety squeezed the trigger take up is VERY light and butter smooth and short.. Delightful. Its NOT like a Glock where the trigger travel is double action like.. I have never felt a trigger like this in my life..
I have not shot it yet but here is my photo album in Yahoo to check it out..
My hats off to William McMoore and alchemy.. Its a work of art.. I wil be back asap with a range report (in conjunction to a range report of my Armscor .45 too)

Frank

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankie_gn/album?.dir=/d970&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankie_gn/my_photos

Comments

• mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting........."in the eye of the beholder" I guess. Care to tell us where we can find their website. I'd like to look at specs. and such.

Mudge the succinct

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I think the first time I saw them was at the Atlanta SHOT Show. Glad to hear they finally got into production. Mudge pretty well summed up my opinion, I hope you will enjoy the new toy.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda ugly if you ask me.

And besides, the holy grail of handguns is a Singer 1911, theyre worth like $17,000!

But I'd like a gold plated desert eagle 50ae myself..

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Um, excuse me, but the holy grail of handguns is a single stack squeeze cocking .45acp that takes gov model mags.[:p][:p][:p][:p]

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • FlyinGNFlyinGN Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im talkin holy grail cause I waited so long! lol

quote:Originally posted by ruger270man
    Kinda ugly if you ask me.

And besides, the holy grail of handguns is a Singer 1911, theyre worth like $17,000!

But I'd like a gold plated desert eagle 50ae myself..

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
    edited November -1
    The website is
    http://www.alchemyltd.com/

its not finished so there is not much on it. Contact castle arms , they have some in stock

Frank

quote:Originally posted by mudge
    Interesting........."in the eye of the beholder" I guess. Care to tell us where we can find their website. I'd like to look at specs. and such.

Mudge the succinct

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Congrats, thats kinda cool looking, kinda looks like a Glock made a baby with a 1911. I hope the 1911 was a Kimber... How much are they anyway? Let us know how it shoots and handles.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the new pistol. Definitly different you might even be the first kid on your block with one of those.
  • elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Holly cow thats one ugly gun[:0] Hope you like it cause its momma won't even claim it.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
    edited November -1
    Castle arms wants $750 for their custom made ones that have in stock.
    Their info is on Alchemys website

Frank

quote:Originally posted by 4GodandCountry
    Congrats, thats kinda cool looking, kinda looks like a Glock made a baby with a 1911. I hope the 1911 was a Kimber... How much are they anyway? Let us know how it shoots and handles.

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."
    edited November -1
    yooo easyy

I happen to love the look..
    If you had one in your hands you'd like it better too:)

Frank

quote:Originally posted by elect1mike
    Holly cow thats one ugly gun[:0] Hope you like it cause its momma won't even claim it.

col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    I am a man but I can change if I have to,I guess.
    Tolono.gif
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unusual, to say the least. The appearance doesn't scream "BUY ME!" here, but neither do many which perform well . . . . Appearance and performance aren't always found in equal measures and my preference is to take the latter over the former if I can't have both. Will be *very* interested to hear how accurately, reliably and comfortably this performs for you. I'd be interested in a good full size - but light weight - .45 for CCW and this might be a good alternative to the Glock.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Interesting-looking piece. Let us know how it works.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    SINGER 1911A1 is $24,000 at 100%, I know collectors that would give more than that for one..[:p]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Singer 1911 I traded for a Luger in 1963 is worth how much???

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Current Blue Book on Singer 1911 is No 100% value,, 98%=24,000, 95%=18,500. down to 60%= 8,500.

so if you had a singer 1911 A1 and traded it for a luger,, shame on ya. serves ya right, wanting a darned old luger...[:D][}:)][}:)][}:)]

Seeing as only 500 were manufactured.. and Beware there are many FAKES our there . X-Ray should be used when contemplating the purchase of a SINGER 1911 A! to determine originality ..[:D][:D][:D]

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Holy Grail of hand guns.....an original Colt Walker!!! Can't think of anything else that even comes close. Beach