In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Get the US out of UN (C&P)

thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Below is an interesting email I received. If you want the US out of the UN, now's the time to act.

February 3, 2004

Yesterday, the Utah House of Representatives passed a resolution
urging the U.S. Congress to consider withdrawing the United States
from the United Nations. The resolution passed 42 to 33. It now
goes to the Utah Senate. We applaud the Utah House for its
decision and encourage the Utah Senate to do the same.

On January 22, 2004, Congressman Ron Paul addressed the Utah
legislature, both House and Senate, on the subject of withdrawing
the United States from the U.N. He also spoke to an over-flow
crowd at a rally in support of the Utah resolution.

Congressman Paul has, for many years, fought in the U.S. Congress
to withdraw the U.S. from the U.N. with his American Sovereignty
Restoration Act (H.R. 1146). Urge your U.S. representative to
cosponsor H.R. 1146. People from around our country know that the
U.N. is bad for the U.S. and it's time to get out.

To send your message, go to
http://capwiz.com/liberty/issues/bills/?bill=1630511 .

Kent Snyder
The Liberty Committee
www.thelibertycommittee.org

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Yes! Get out of the U.N. and follow the illustrious leads of such nations that also decided that such international bodies weren't worth listening to!

Like Japan in 1931, when it left the League of Nations after the world body censured them for their aggression in China!

Or like Italy, which left the League of Nations in 1935 after it attacked Ethiopia!

Why wait for some foreign loser to make the first move? The U.S. should be at the forefront of a return to gunboat diplomacy and isolationism! After all, isolationism kept us safe from the entangling ravages of World War 2, right?
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The UN does a little - VERY little - which improves the world, primarily in healthcare and disaster relief. Otherwise, with its internationalist agenda run by corrupt bureaucrats from fifth rate nations, it's an utter, archaic, waste. Keep the W.H.O. and a few other productive agencies and flush the rest.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • gunrunner1911gunrunner1911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The UN established by the world wealthiest of families is simply the master plan of one world order. If you look at who gave them the funds to purchase land in Manhattan and look into the dealings of that person you WILL be fascinated. Most people have no idea what there agenda is. We would most definetly be better off without them. We simply keep financing these third world pigmy people. World Bank loans to pay billions for 1 water faucet miles from the villages that it serves of course they will never pay back the loans the American people will take care of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE CREATURE IS COMING. The Creature from Jeckyl Island he wants you your paycheck your land and freedom. Read the book and find out how to help stop him.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    ElMuertoMonkey,

Kindly tell us a few things the UN has actually done to make the world better or safer.

Oh, and while your at it, tell me any of those things that were done WITHOUT the USA bearing the brunt of the cost, whether in Korea in the 50's, or any other type of aid that was 'approved' by the UN.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh boy...here we go again.
    This could get interesting. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    Rebel James,

Yes, the U.S. has borne the brunt of costs for the U.N. for the past six decades... because for roughly half the time we called the shots. If we didn't like it, we vetoed it. Worked back then, works right now. It really is that simple.

It is precisely the U.N. that allows the U.S. to act with impunity while maintaining the facade of international legitimacy. When the U.N. approves a course of action (let's say, for argument's sake, bombing Yugoslavia into the Stone Ages), it's typically because we, the United States, told the U.N. that such a course of action was a good idea.

To be certain, they haven't always agreed with us. Iraq is a prime example. But you know what? The only people who ALWAYS get their way are spoiled rich kids whose mommies and daddies will give them anything and everything they want. They're soft, lazy, and complacent and * and moan when they don't get their way.

If we think of ourselves as a mature nation, then maybe we'd better start acting like it instead of threatening to take our toys away whenever we don't get our way.

The U.N. isn't perfect, but what construct of man is? It has its flaws, but we've seen the world without a world body and that world was full of petty tyrants running roughshod over anyone within arm's reach. Short-term isolationism leads to long-term f#$k-ups that we'll wind up paying for anyway and it costs more to boot.
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    So lets see........Isn't the U.N. That fine organization that wants same sex marridges........and wishes that the U.s. Would tightem on gun control and...wait..thats enough for me.They are goin to start tellin US how to live and What to think? ......Right...what a splendid idea....
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the 1970's I drove past a sign that said, "Get Us Out Of The UN!".
    At that time I was niave(sp) enough to wonder why some nut would want to put a stop to all the countries getting together to solve the world's problems.
    I have since found out that each country is out for it's own profit and does not give a flying f--k about doing good for the world or any other country. France, Russia, and Germany are prime examples of this.
    edited November -1
    The U.N. is also the organization that tells us to play nice or face the consequences.

Well, after fifty years of playing as dirty as a British rugby player, they have yet to do anything more substantial than take us off the Commission for Human Rights.

So, for those of you oh-so terribly afraid that the U.N will take away our guns and make us all speak Esperanto, I say look at the facts: they can talk all they like, but without the money, manpower, and/or firepower to back it up, that's about all they'll be doing.

As the saying goes, "Money talks, bu!!$#!t walks."
    edited November -1
    NH House has a hearing on a similar bill 2/10; I plan to be there to voice support! I have less use for the UN than for Howard the Duck Dean.

• trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Made this up awhile ago... hope ya'll like this one!
    UN.bmp

sniper.gif

saddamgif.gif

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The U.N. is also the organization that tells us to play nice or face the consequences. Quote from "dead monkey". If so, why dont others play
    nice?? Does this only aply to us and no one else? A very bad history
    for the U.N. to this date. Also a lot of money put down a rathole.
    The only thing the U.N. wants from us is MONEY. Well more than our share, we supply. What does it get us?? They want "WORLD DOMMINATION"
    over out now free country. No way should they make our laws that we
    must abide by. We have too many laws already .. By the way, let us
    just see what amount of money EACH country contributes to the U.N.
    VIA population. Might be quite interesting.
  • thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When American soldiers get tried by the World Court for "war crimes" and our guns are taken to prevent world crime, we'll see how well you like the UN then. For the patriots, go to the web site, email your legislators and tell them to get busy!
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need out of the UN. That seems to be the general consensus here. I wholeheartedly agree. Do you all remember back during the Klinton years when some US soldiers died in am opperation and Billy said something about the soldiers giving thier lives in service to the UN? That really crossed the line. As a soldier I defend AMERICA, not the UN. If ever ordered to put on one of those blue Helmets (targets) I will refuse. I can't emphasize this point enough. I fight for the USA.

medal.gif27Nov2003 Samarra, Iraq
  • spike449spike449 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I applaude the Utah House for passing the resolution. We should get out of the U.N. before they grow large enough to bite us.

Several years ago, we were planning a trip out West to visit some of Americas National Parks. A close friend, who is not prone to ask dumb questions, asked "Who controls the National Parks?" Told him I thought we did, he said read the back of the ticket.

You read for yourself. The backs of the Yellowstone, Mesa Verde and other tickets said "...too precious to intrust to one nation, these areas belong to the United Nations of the World!"

The people of this forum must understand they already have plans made for: Disarming ALL citizens of every nation.
    They oppose Fundamental Christians for their One World Order
    Already have the outline made for One Universal Nation of the Earth...no soverign nations allowed.
    Have outlines defining distrubition of the earths resources and wealth.

There are web sites with this information for your research...GET US OUT NOW!

Good judgement comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgement. Gen. Omar Bradley
  • spike449spike449 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monkey,
    The United Nations was founded on October 24, 1945, so the senario where Japan in 1931 and Italy in 1935 got out of the United Nations is incorrect.

Good judgement comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgement. Gen. Omar Bradley
    edited November -1
    spike, I really, really, REALLY hate to say this, but the dead ape did have that part of his facts straight. He said "League of Nations," which was the organization for which Wonderful Woodhead Wilson sold US interests down river in the aftermath of WW I. It failed even more miserably than the UN.

• beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey monkey...I like what you wrote. I don't normally agree much with you but I'm starting to think that maybe the UN is the imaginary boogieman under a lot of extremists' beds. Actually as a military man I wouldn't have any problem being brought before an international court martial for war crimes. The Hague has been used recently and I think that I'd probably get whatever I deserved from that court as I would from some court made up of red necked racists. We actually pioneered the concept of international war tribuals at Nurnburg. If it was good enough for us to hang and exonerate a bunch of Nazis then why don't we have the courage to accept what WE dish out to others. Even now some of alledged Serb war criminals are being brought forth for justice that we seem to believe needs to be dished out.
    I'm starting to think that thunderbolt is one of those guys subscribing to some crazed right wing conspiracy theories. Don't get me wrong I'm really no fan of the UN...but I sure don't see it as the bad bad boogieman that can hurt the US....it just isn't in the cards. Beach