In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Advise Needed On 1903

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
CMP is currently selling, what they say, will be the last of the Springfield 1903 and 03A3's.Need advise from you experts on which one I should order since I cannot get one of each.I can't believe I can own either one of them here in NJ ,but I can, so help me out please guys.-Charlie with order form in hand
It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com [This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 03-25-2002).]

Comments

• beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie...while I went for the high numbered Remington 1903 with C stock....from a collector's standpoint you couldn't go wrong with the Smith Corona 1903A3 with C stock. There might not be any of them left so you could try for the Remington as well. I'd expect the Smith Corona's to sell out first. Beach
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I went for the 1903 Springfield made by Springfield... just seemed appropriate to get the archetype, so to speak. Now what I'd really like is the original 1903 in 30-03, but fat chance of that!
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    jonk....If they have any of those they will be sold at auction at the CMP site for three times the price!!!! Beach