In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ca. Disney no longer has guide shoot hippos on Jungle boat ride.

ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Forgive me if this one is old, but I was listening to the radio today and rolled my eyes at this one. The topic of discussion was how Disney in California is so PC- they received too many complaints from angry parents about the Jungle boat ride, saying they didn't want to have their children seeing guns, as during one part of the ride, a fake hippo emerges from the water and the boat guide pulls out a revolver and fires several blanks at it. A compromise to shoot a couple warning shots in the air wasn't satisfactory enough. Good lord!

Comments

• Options
    opentopopentop Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't this just about the most rediculous thing you've ever heard of? What's next, will Disney change all of their historically focussed events and displays about American and world history to being gun-less? That will sure make for some very interesting "revisionist" history. Will they take the cannons out of the ships in the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" (they already changed the pirates chasing women, to women chasing the pirates with rolling pins and such, in an effort to be more "PC")? What about the Frontierland "Shootin' Exposition", I suppose they're taking that out too?