In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

local gun show

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,643 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
My youngest Son and I went to a local ( 45 miles ) gun show in Dayton Oh.[xx(]
it was the worst show I can ever remember going to . not sure what pulled the people and vendors away but it was sad , lots of china made items , a lot of flea market items tables of of black rifles and 22 lr 45 to 50.00 a brick or 6.00 to 10.00 for a 50 round box .other ammo priced the same too high , only a few "used guns" and they were slim pickings [:D]
over all a waste of a couple hours of my time

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just got back from a small regional show this morning. Spent a total of 50 minutes and didn't spend a dime--other than the 5 bucks to get in. Should have saved the $5.00 for breakfast. Wasn't anything there other than some old shotguns and a few Russian imports. Couple of tables of military surplus stiff and a big table of Chinese gun cases. Assorted ammo that was sparse and way over priced, zero primers.

Think next time I'll just wait for the bigger shows to come to Indy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My youngest son and his GF went to Dayton Oh gun show said it was packed more than he has seen in a long time . parking lots full isle ways full . I stayed home but looks like I just missed a huge horde of people ( my guess tax returns )
    I will make the Lima Oh show 1st full weekend in March , see how its going .
    yesterday ( Friday ) he received his paper work and parts to put a shoulder stock on his glock 17 . it is a neat looking set up , just nothing I need. he has to have the registration number engraved into the barrel now .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For all the members that live in the great Pacific Northwest.
    Our gun club, The Cascade Sportsman's Club is having our bimonthly gun show saturday, Oct. 6th here in Carson at the American Legion.
    Addmission is $2 or 2 cans of food, everything we make at the door goes to the local food bank.
    We'll have 20 tables, doughnuts and coffee, it's great little show.
    Randy aka Horse Plains Drifter stopped by once, I think he even bought a rifle.
    I'll be taking addmission at the door, stop by and tell me your a forums member, I'll pay your addmission and sell you a gun.
    The weather is great, the scenery in the goarge is second to none this time of the year. Get out, go for a drive and come see us.[8D]
    W.D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Much wailing and gnashing of teeth by the anti gun crowd for the last week or so here in Saratoga Springs, New York. Gun Show this weekend. The anti crowd was outnumbered by the media and the pro gun demonstrators The show is a so so show but the turn out was heavy

[img][/img]628x471_1_.jpg

I don't know what to say about the anti gun people, actually if I was one of these guys, I'd be kind of embarrassed.

[img][/img]628x471.jpg
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Why on the barrel? Those wear out in a hurry!
    that,makes absolutely ZERO sense.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree 100 % Fish
    I would have thought on the frame its self . I did not get to talk too much with him but that's a question I was going to ask also .
    makes little or o sense to me . maybe they told him wrong at the GS or he misunderstood them I will be following up .

quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Why on the barrel? Those wear out in a hurry!
    that,makes absolutely ZERO sense.