In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

garage sale find

skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Iwas running late Saturday and had to have a flat fixed and while I was waiting walked over to a garage sale. They were about to close and were pretty well picked over. I saw a pachmyer pistol grip box laying on a tarp and I picked it up and looked inside and this was in it. My total cost $.50

1a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I found a old homelite Super XL 12, with a big bow.
    my dad has one but he just has a regular bar, the carb needs
    cleaning, but a hell of a find, only $20 bucks
    Chainsaw_zps62bdf653.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A Brand New generator Transfer Switch
    About a 275.00 value For 50 bucks

Then I Found this On Line
    this looks A Whole Lot Simpler to Install use
    And Just as Safe
    http://www.interlockkit.com/intro2.htm
    What is Your Opinion???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stopped at a garage sale today. It wasn't one on my list,but one I saw on the way to another. He had a pellet gun out,so I asked if he had any other guns he might want to sell. Walked away with a Glenfield Model 30 lever action with scope in 95% for $100. I hurt my arm patting myself on the back.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went out looking for treasures at garage sales this morning and found myself a like new Ruger 77/22 Hornet with a 4x16 Weaver scope and several boxes of ammo for $225. Can`t wait to go woodchuckin with it tomorrow.
    Lots of guns out there this weekend ,but this was the only one that really caught my eye.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are having a multitown garage sale today and Saturday So I loaded up mama and headed out about the 3rd stop I bought a slick Marlin 30-30 for 75.00 Took it straight to the truck and put it inside the cab. Mama came up and said as I was leaving a woman came out and was told it had sold . To which she said Oh I was just coming out to mark it down. I just got in and checked the trip meter 115 miles to cover 25 sales. Did not get even close to covering a 1/4th of the sales there are 38 in my town alone. It drives me crazy to care her too a sale. I'm there 5-10 minutes on most sales She can take an hour So I drop her at 1 drive around hit 4-5 and come back to get her.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    today I found an El Faisan ( the pheasant) SxS 410 for $80. There are some for sale on the other side. This one is in great shape except the prior owner fancied himself a woodcarver. One side of the stock has a really poor bird which might be shallow enough to remove.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Starrett 1-2" outside micrometer, in the box...... $8.50!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found a Kershaw whirlwind and a Manon 10x50 binoculars $10 ea.
    The Manon Binoc's are surprisingly clear. They were in great shape as was the Kershaw knife.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Found this old box of ammo at a garage sale for a buck. Can anyone tell me roughly how old it is.
    102_0268.jpg

102_0269.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    s&w 18-4 22 6 gun adj/sight with leather holster and ammo belt $75.
    I don't know how to grade a gun it has some pitting ,not real pretty
    but not rusty,locks up tight.I didn't see any for sale here but I think I got a deal
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice! I have always wanted a 410 SxS.

Can I be first for the GAW? [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    Very nice! I have always wanted a 410 SxS.

Can I be first for the GAW? [;)]

I never owned a 410 until MNHunter gifted me a 410 in a GAW. Now I have one for the front door and the back door![:)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, but are they as adequate as a .243 for hunting Garden Pachyderms?

To say nothing of the occasional Lawn Rhino?

[;)]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have yet to get lucky at a yard sale , best I run across is a old style gas can or some tool I can use or think I need ,I have never found a gun or ammo maybe I am just too late the ones I do see are normally a old single shot 12 ga used as a fence post the last 40 years [:(], any way great find on your part
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DITCH-RUNNER
    I have yet to get lucky at a yard sale , best I run across is a old style gas can or some tool I can use or think I need ,I have never found a gun or ammo maybe I am just too late the ones I do see are normally a old single shot 12 ga used as a fence post the last 40 years [:(], any way great find on your part

The trick to finding firearms at garage sales in my area is to ask for them. In my town it violates a city ordinance to have firearms out at a garage sale and culturally here in MN people just don't often put them out at such sales.

The sale I was at today where I got the 410 was a total bust as far as what they had out on their tables. Nothing but baby clothes and plastic crap from walmart. I always make a point of telling them I buy old firearms and ammo which is what I did today and grandma chimes in "well I have an old 410 in the closet. Is that what you want?"

I also chat them up and give them my business card and often they will call me later with a plumbing problem. Sometimes I get a job right on the spot.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good plan . will give it try

quote:Originally posted by skicat
    quote:Originally posted by DITCH-RUNNER

The trick to finding firearms at garage sales in my area is to ask for them. In my town it violates a city ordinance to have firearms out at a garage sale and culturally here in MN people just don't often put them out at such sales.

The sale I was at today where I got the 410 was a total bust as far as what they had out on their tables. Nothing but baby clothes and plastic crap from walmart. I always make a point of telling them I buy old firearms and ammo which is what I did today and grandma chimes in "well I have an old 410 in the closet. Is that what you want?"

I also chat them up and give them my business card and often they will call me later with a plumbing problem. Sometimes I get a job right on the spot.