In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Oakie

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a DVD, sent to me by forgemonkey, to pass along.

It is of helicopter captures of deer, wolves and sheep. Great scenery, flying skills and I may have accidentally learned something while watching it. [:)]

Email your info to me and I'll get it out to you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you going to be up for the 4th of July weekend?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have not received your address yet. I have gathered up a few things for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check your email.
    Jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You were right on about the traffic. 2 hours to get to/thru Shamokin Dam now another 30 min at Northumberland and I haven't even gotten to the construction zone up on 180. What a mess. A 3.5 hour trip is looking more like nearly 6.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We're going up late tonight-returning Monday. Any chance you guys are heading north? If not do you need anything done up there?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    need your addy so I can send you Clouder's book
  • Options
    edited November -1
    All my safes are full. However i do not need another one. I say i need one but my wife says i can not have another one. If i can talk my wife into it i will get my Dads as soon as i can talk the wife into it.

All the handguns that are not in safes are the ones that i do not want in safes. Where they are the kids can not get to them.

Thanks for the offer though. You could get me some 30-06 ammo to make up for it.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I found your yorktown I can get a wooden deck for it for 43$ and the kit with all photo etch for 130 so thats 173 for all the parts and thats pretty good for a massive model Oakie and its a trumpeter so you know its loaded with all kinds of detail and extras there is No Cabot model but that is really cheap for an aircraft carrier

Thats very reasonable for a trumpeter kit
    can be found at www.freetimehobbies.com

Oh and the model in 1/350 scale will completely dwarf my Bismarck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What did you find out?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How Far are You From Eatontown NJ
    Woody
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So not to hijack the other thread.

Oakie,
    We have a local taxidermist that moved into the valley several years ago when he retired. He was a mounted policeman in Philadelphia, tells some interesting stories about the training, the up keep of those mounts and some of the interesting situations they have gotten into with them.

Have a Happy New Year.

Mule
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The next time you go to Brunswick and The Golden Isles of Georgia, you need to go North on Hwy 17 to Darien and get some of the best shrimp and oysters in South Georgia at B&J's Seafood.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did You Go to the ER.
    I'm Worried About an Anueryisim (sp)
    Rog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You had said you were interested in this Marlin and noticed it was ending in an hour and a half
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=514401977
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you get enough ammo for your boy scouts? If not, send me an email and I will see what I can do to find them some. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just realized you were a cowboys fan. Now i dont like you anymore. Just like my sister. I am a Steeler fan. LOL Ok so my quarterback is a rapist but just win baby. Just kidding i dont like that i think if he did it he should be in jail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I received your package yesterday thank you. I hope you have figured out how to use what i sent you. Take care David

Oh i almost forgot do you do any welding. I have some nickle welding rods just sitting around. They are like 200.00 I doubt if i will ever use them. Let me know if you want them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I didn't want to hijack the car-part.com thread.

quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    Great site Jake. I put it in my favorites. Oakie. PS, you seem a lot more relaxed these days. Glad to see you this way. One more thing, when are we going to see more of your airplane models.

I've been able to enjoy the forums more since I gave up the red stars. Now I can browse them without looking for any violations of the Captain's rules that need to be enforced.

Also, I don't feel as tied to the forums as I did when I was a moderator, so they take up a significantly smaller portion of my time than they used to.

The next model is on hold while while we pay off Mrs. Viktor's motorcycle and get the cars fixed.

Mrs. Zulu's car needs rear struts and springs, and ball joints and tie rods and a left side axle in the front. My car needs an axle seal and bearing, parking brake shoes, front brakes (pads and rotors), and new shocks all the way around. Both cars need new headlight buckets. I can do all the work except the ball joints and tie rods myself, but we just don't have the spare cash right now to buy the parts.

The big hit on the whole car repair bill are the rear struts/springs for Mrs. Viktor's car. $143+tax each.

Edit to add: I went to Rockauto.com just to price the struts, and I can get better struts than what O'Reilly's has for $143 each at a price of $110 each, plus about $25 shipping right to my door. That is definitely happening on my next "bribe" day (read 'payday').
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you are in NC post up here and maybe we can meet. DAVID
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When are you planning on going through Wilson NC? I live about 15 minuets from exit 121 they have several restaurants in the area and we could grab lunch or something.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have some "duck prints" and if you want them, I'll give them to you, but e-mail please.
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    yesquote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    Oakie
    you need to check out your post "Estate sale Funny"
    its getting out of hand , JMHO you need to do a follow up response
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is really starting to circle the bowl now !!!!![;)]
  • Options