In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Estate sale Funny Pictures of tools

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
This is the better of the stuff. If you think I am a bad person or scumbag or lost respect for me because I wasn't willing to pay more then a dollar for stuff that was going to get tossed in a dumpster, so be it. By they way. I will also post picture of what I do with this stuff. I don't always give you guys the back end, because I don't like to brag when I do stuff for people, so here it is. I make garden animals out of old lawn tools and GIVE them away for free. I do this because I like to see people smile and I try to keep my own cost down. I also didn't include in the story that Donna and I helped the lady move two dressers and a bed room set out to a trailer for her lazy * husband, whom just watched while she yelled at him. Jezz, thought you guys knew me better then that. Guess not[V] I will be very careful from now on what ever I say on here. Oakie

tools.jpg

tool1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Some of us knew you better than that.

Dan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5

Dan

Well apparently I didn't. Talk to you later Dan, you were one of the good guys. Oakie
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I knew better, but my question is how did you get over 12k views/reads in such a short time?
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As the late Paul Harvey would say "now you know the rest of the story" [:)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Dan

+1
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These pretzels are making me thirsty [:X]

Group Hug everyone !!!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    in the groups defense {not that I would do that often}, just trying to save you grief from this

it was worded in a manner that may have leaned a bit in the wrong direction if someone did not take time and read what type of person you really are over the years

hell I think I was drunk when I first read it, first impression was not good, but I kept in mind what type of person you really are, and held in reserve a reply, then came back "sober" and all hell broke loose

you're alright oakie
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    in the groups defense {not that I would do that often}, just trying to save you grief from this

it was worded in a manner that may have leaned a bit in the wrong direction if someone did not take time and read what type of person you really are over the years

hell I think I was drunk when I first read it, first impression was not good, but I kept in mind what type of person you really are, and held in reserve a reply, then came back "sober" and all hell broke loose

you're alright oakie
    He maybe swinging from a tall tree by now.[:D].
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll have to send you a picture of the mosquito sculpture on my mother in laws porch. The "nose" is an old 1" auger bit. The whole thing stands about 3 ft tall. Its really cool.
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I refrained from posting on that thread, I had a hunch this was the case, Kind of rough deal all that stuff for a dollar, you did the lady a favor by cleaning up her place.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad made a lot of lawn art with that kind of stuff. I don't think he ever paid for any of it.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I've run across the mosquitos the Capt's sculpture was based on up in Mn.!
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie i have learned a very long time ago that what others think has no effect on anything i do. The haters are going to hate thats all there is to it.

People that talk big on the internet will be the first to keep their mouth shut in person.

You have a lot on your plate now you just need to learn to let what people say go. Keeping things in is bad for you.

Relax and let the small crap take care of itself.
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tack-weld it all together
    and list it on the auction side.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie....I must have missed whatever thread this is referring to, but I couldn't think bad about you if you TRIED! Those tools look like scrap metal. I wouldn't worry too terribly much about it......just imagine if you had lost a factory box to a supergrade Winchester while an auction was running!!!! [:D]
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was trying to figure out why everyone was piling on. I finally decided a bunch of guys were either drunk or PMSing.[:D]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where is the rest? Don

"I also found a pair of old ice tongs and a brand new doctors flashlight for looking in ears and nose for 50 cents. They had a magnifying glass on it."
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******
    edited November -1
    [^][^][^][^][^][^]
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    i will give you 50 cents for them and consider your self lucky[:D]
    oh and you have to ship them on your dime[;)]
    you can't take them with you anyway[B)]
    and if you have cancer i will knock it down to a quarter

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

i knew you would make a comeback sooner or later[;)][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glad you checked back in , that's why I wanted you to revisit the post

it was looking like this [:D][:D]
    torches_pitchforks.jpg

political-pictures-rioting-crowd-torches-frankenstein.jpg
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    You over paid as far as im concerened
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie,

Most of us here had no doubt that you did nothing less than honorable. As to the opinions and comments from others, I am sure you can figure out how much concern the opinions are worth.

Don't sweat the petty stuff, my friend.

Chris
  • Options
    320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd give the dollar for the mexican backhoe.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go ahead and make one that look like a cigarette and take it back over to her.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 320090T
    I'd give the dollar for the mexican backhoe.

I'll bid buck fiddy.[;)]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1

Dan
    +4
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Where is the rest? Don

"I also found a pair of old ice tongs and a brand new doctors flashlight for looking in ears and nose for 50 cents. They had a magnifying glass on it."

I wasn't going to reply and let it just die, but since you asked Don, I had no interest in the lighted magnifying glass or the tong. I bought the lighted magnifying glass for my father that loss one eye in a lab explosion and has trouble seeing small stuff. I paid what she wanted for those and I had to get the corrosion off of the inside to make them work. She left the batteries in them. the tongs were for my father inlaw, and I paid 2 dollars for them. By the way Don, I am still waiting for the thank you for the CCI 22 ammo and the 40 caliber ammo that I sent you along with the knife. You welcome[;)][B)] Oakie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    By the way Don, I am still waiting for the thank you for the CCI 22 ammo and the 40 caliber ammo that I sent you along with the knife. You welcome[;)][B)] Oakie

No you are not waiting, I thanked you when I received them. I even mentioned the "extra". You acknowledged. I guess you just forgot or was trying to make a dig, I know not which. Don

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=634656&SearchTerms=Pay,it,forward
  • Options
    edited November -1
    By the way Don, I am still waiting for the thank you for the CCI 22 ammo and the 40 caliber ammo that I sent you along with the knife. You welcome[;)][B)] Oakie

No you are not waiting, I thanked you when I received them. I even mentioned the "extra". You acknowledged. I guess you just forgot or was trying to make a dig, I know not which. Don

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=634656&SearchTerms=Pay,it,forward

My apologies. Just get tired of the constant digs myself. All good. Just seems like some like to pile on constantly, not myself, but on others. Gets old. Maybe it's just me, but maybe time for a break from this place. Again Don, My apologies, I took it out on you and that was wrong. Hope you accept it, as it is sincere. Much Respect,John
  • Options
    edited November -1

My apologies. Just get tired of the constant digs myself. All good. Just seems like some like to pile on constantly, not myself, but on others. Gets old. Maybe it's just me, but maybe time for a break from this place. Again Don, My apologies, I took it out on you and that was wrong. Hope you accept it, as it is sincere. Much Respect,John

Not a problem. I was not "piling on". I am who I am. I just asked a question. Don
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a terrible think to do, Oakie. There is at least $1.05 in scrap there.
    [:D][:D][;)]
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    edited November -1

Not a problem. I was not "piling on". I am who I am. I just asked a question. Don

I know, I was just being an * and it showed[B)] My mind is just not right with everything going on in my life right now. Think I am going to start getting away from this computer a little more and get back into making things to relax me. Your a good guy and didn't deserve my wrath. Thanks for accepting my apology. John
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    I'll have to send you a picture of the mosquito sculpture on my mother in laws porch. The "nose" is an old 1" auger bit. The whole thing stands about 3 ft tall. Its really cool.
    There's an old guy about fifteen miles from here that makes animal sculptures out of junk. He has a regular zoo in his goat pasture. It looks comical with the goats climbing all over them. I'll have to take a ride up there one day and get some pictures.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oakie just my 2 cents . most of your post are asking people or giving help of what ever you can . I would wager the shirt off your back if ask .
    I am not sure how the post went so far off track . any one would know its was not in you to take advantage of a old lady much less any one , how many on here have you given advice or offered to buy parts to help or given items to ? .
    maybe it was just the short description as often in a post that allowed minds to wonder .
    by the way good work on the salvaged tools , I hope to start making such items as soon as I get my wife's honey do list caught up [:D]
    not trying to gain any brownie points as odds are we shall never meet .
    how many great finds and deals are posted on here each week , I guess you just have to leave out the seller description [B)]

I did win a give away from you for the decals and patches for my son , so I can also vouch you follow up [;)]