In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

6 or 7 feet of snow?

4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
where i live we might get a big snow 8 to 12 inchs once in a great while. this creates a great big mess wrecks,etc. i cannot imagine 6 or 7 feet of snow in 3 day time span. how does anyone cope with this much snow?

Comments

• Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a lot of video tapes or dvd's, make sure the fridge is stocked with necessities(beer and burgers) and hope you and wifey aint fighting when the storm hits!
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't mind cold, but I sure hate the wasted time & energy spent moving frozen water from Point A to Point B only to have all that work disappear in April. Buffalo's winter weather comes close to my vision of Hell. I know how I'd cope w/ it - I'd saddle up the dog team & head south, at least for the winter.
  • Options
    glb243glb243 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you've lived in the Northeast all your life, you just learn to deal with it.I can handle the snow and ice better than I could handle a tornado or earthquake, but than again, I guess I'm just a natural born Yankee.
    Aim small...Miss small
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Here in Cleveland, I've seen that much in a whole winter a few times, but the max from one storm was about 3 or 4 feet... took three days to dig ourselves out.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.