In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gunshow - I had a blast!! New toy!!

BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
So went over to a show at our gun range yesterday - I was supposed to pick up a rifle from a friend (6.5x55 swede model 70) for my boy. I found my friend making deals and he tells me that the adjustable trigger was not working correctly and his smith was trying to find the original to put back in, after replacing the striker.. anyway - I'm walking around trying to trade off my Smith 439 9mm and I see a nice Thompson Contender (walnut/blue) in .223 with a 10" barrel almost new at another friends table - We talk a bit and baada boom - I'm heading outside on the line with this and 4 boxes of ammo.... What a Blast [:0][:0]- this is just FUNNNNNNNN - I finaly get it kinda dialed in at 50 yrds hittin paper and next thing I know - I'm tellin myself I need mooooore ammo[:D][:D][:D].
Mrs. Blue pulls up with the boy in tow and parks behind my truck, just as I'm packing stuff (I'm tryin to hide the Rem. 700 .280 KS that I picked up the day before) So I gotta distract her - I said "Hey Baby you gotta play with this" and showed her the Thompson - I think she really liked it. So they leave and I head back in to the show and another guy just got 2 barrels from somebody. One was a .17 hmr and the other was a bull barrel 18" .223 and he was just putting the bull barrel on his table. I walked away with it for $120.00. I know I've got about $400.00 into the deal but what a kick - I like it[:D][:D]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)

Comments

• gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    nice guns , sounds like loads of fun , that 280 is a * kicking round
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our next big show at the Coliseum in Fort Wayne is March 6-7. But I gotta say I've never been to a show with a shootin' range handy. That would be a perfect set-up.

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member fortbutton2.gif
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Yeah - It is a traveling show that covers most of WA state and some of Idaho. They get to our range 2-3 times a year. It's great having the range right there and our range master has a table so he can promote and help for new members. He does a few tours with people on these 2 day shows, but we all pitch in to make sure some of the rules are observed[;)]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)