In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CMP 1903 Springfield arrived yesterday

beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
The high numbered Remington 1903 Springfield arrived yesterday from the CMP. Absolutely perfect condition. Matching serial numbers, no scratches, no dents in the wood, nice cartouche, 14 pounds of cosmoline!!!! May be one of the best weapons investments ever made! Will be perfect for the "old war horse" matches. Beach

Comments

• Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what are the requirements to buy from them , i might be interested after hearing it worked for ya
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to hear you are happy with your purchase Beach. I am looking into getting a membership with the local CMP-affiliated club. All they have is an indoor pistol range and the yellow pages lists a phone number for the club which is actually some half-wit who doesn't even know how to become a member or who you need to talk to in order to obtain a membership. I've almost given up.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach,Would you beleve I sold a NM 03 for $40 bucks when I left for basic in 65?.By the way you have mail.The project will be finished Monday.You will have pictures Tuesday.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    My club is holding a CMP clinic and shoot next weekend and I can't wait to participate, so I am eligible to get CMP stuff. I already have a Springfield but want that Garand.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Beach, mine should be in the mail by now. Did you get the 03 or the 03A3?

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Congratulations BEACH!!! There has been a lot of bad data floating around about cleaning cosmoline, drop a line if you have any questions.

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to www.milsurpshooter.net there's a forum dealing with cleaning/refinishing. Enough good info to give you a headache.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Let us know how she shoots. Been looking around at Springfields..

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)