In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

dove season

shdytreeshdytree Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Dove season opens here in about 10-12 minutes. Looking out my back window, I see about 20-25 flying around the pond and perching on the power line that runs through the back of my property. No houses anywhere near, out in the county away from everyone. Big dove shoot going on about a mile away at a neighbors place. Should I go out on the patio and pop a few? Not off the power line!! [:o)] But as they fly over and around? Almost seems too easy.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Sept 1, dove season opened. This moring, on of my buddies brought me a bag of fresh cleaned dove breast. Going to have them for supper tonight![:p][:p][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    todays the last day of dove season in no.fla. hope i can find some birds this afternoon. been a bad year for me, ive been out every weekend since oct and only been on one good shoot.... oh me... anybody want to brag..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    .......starts here in less than 2 hours. I've counted over 100 birds in my sunflower field this morning. Hope they don't fly away in the next 2 hours. Our new decoy method seems to really be working good. We bought several decoys and cast them over a nearby power line about 1000 feet from field with fishing rods then reel the decoys to the top. This method is getting them close to the field.
    Beer is already iced down in the cooler for after the shoot. If It gets too hot today, I can actually hunt from my swimming pool. I just have to get the Mrs. to go fetch the dead birds for me. [:D]
  • Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We went to Arizona this year on opening day and both of us got our limit both days prior to 8:00 am each day. It was one of the best seasons in years.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I miss the dove hunting - not much up here in northern WA, but we do have our grouse. My brothers and I used to go all the time in Tex.