In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

was I cheated part two

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Lomng story short , I called him a liar and a cheat and that so insenced him that he said I will send you a check first and when you receive it you can send me the gun.
Really made me feel stupid for losing my temper with him.
Looks to be properly resolved.

Comments

• Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    A certain amount of Tact is necessary.[;)]
  • Options
    cactuspete1cactuspete1 Member Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you liked the gun otherwise, I would have ask for say 50% or something close back, and keep the gun.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the other hand ............... you don't have the check yet.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot
    On the other hand ............... you don't have the check yet.
    Right?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Make sure the check clears your account before you ship the gun back!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******
    edited November -1
    nothing is resolved until the check clears.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be happy with results like that.
  • Options
    MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    nothing is resolved until the check clears.

+1000!

Glad you're on the path to recoup your money anyhow...[;)]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:I called him a liar and a cheat and that so insenced him

...Really? I don't see why those accusations tossed at him before he had much of a chance to resolve the matter would irritate him in the slightest, guy sounds unreasonable to me.

You allowed letting the replies here convince you of WHAT the seller was "thinking", that he was upfront out to screw you AND from a one sided story at that, and allowed that to dictate your actions instead of finding out from the SELLER what HE was thinking, amazing.

Count yourself lucky that one, it wasnt me you acted that way with or hell would have frozen over before Id have given you a refund, and two...hope the guy doesnt think about what you said BEFORE he mails the check...[;)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT

quote:I called him a liar and a cheat and that so insenced him

...Really? I don't see why those accusations tossed at him before he had much of a chance to resolve the matter would irritate him in the slightest, guy sounds unreasonable to me.

You allowed letting the replies here convince you of WHAT the seller was "thinking", that he was upfront out to screw you AND from a one sided story at that, and allowed that to dictate your actions instead of finding out from the SELLER what HE was thinking, amazing.

Count yourself lucky that one, it wasnt me you acted that way with or hell would have frozen over before Id have given you a refund, and two...hope the guy doesnt think about what you said BEFORE he mails the check...[;)]
    Bingo!
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    as above, if you get your $$ back You OWE him ++ feed back (and an appologee).
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would keep the gun, Which is nice, and negotiate a price with the man. He seems very understanding and might take less for the gun. I know how you feel, sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth too without thinking first.
  • Options
    cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    I learned my lesson 8 or so years ago on GB. Won a new item and broke the first time that I had used it. I was pizzed and sent a nasty e-mail demanding my money back in no uncertain terms. The Guy was so sorry, said he would certainly make it right, that he was a gun enthusiast just like me and was trying to make money on the side for his hobby.
    I felt like a total ---hole.
    Now I have learned to think before I respond to a situation, not jump to conclusions.
    Sorry Guy, if you are reading this.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, the proverbial the check is in the mail thing. If you do ever get one I would leave ++ feedback though.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Did Classic095 actualy utter the word "TACT" ???[:p]
    Wasn't there a scuffle you told us about a few years back that you are more of a - hmmm - uhhh - Take the bull by the horns, then use tact when you got him down.