In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PEEPS!!!!!!!!!

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
You know, the ducks and rabbit marshmallow thingies?! Ain't they great? I like 'em with hot chocalate or in the evening with A-1 on 'em. Dang them peeps is good.
There is no apology for self defense. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• Options
    hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    A-1? Now there is a intersting combo!
    Though I was born to royalty, I was snatched at birth, so treat me as the noble I am!!!
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've got to open the package and let them air out for a day. Slightly stale is best! I'm gonna have to try the A-1 that's new by me. mmmmmm, Maybe some Franks Red Hot would be good too.WOODS
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I havent tryed them yet, sound good. But the A-1? You need help.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    NateNate Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have to say that woodsrunner is correct, the only way to eat those things is if they are stale, but I let them air for at least 2 or 3 days.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought 2 packages of PEEPS as Easter treats for some of the young'ns in my life. I don't eat em and I'm not a father yet but the little ones sure seem to love em.
  • Options
    twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gak!Kids do love em,..... but A-1?
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dried 2-3 days ... definately ... but A-1? Heck, I don't even like that stuff on my medium rare dead animal flesh ... much less a sweet & crunchy lightly dehydrated chicks and bunnies
    Here's a thought: Let's make criminals responsible for their crimes ... ...Not blame society and the tools they use!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Did sombody say somethin` about peeps?.218
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are disgusting, but they are fun to put in the microwave!
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    The OFFICIAL Marshmallow Peeps website: http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/start1.html I love 'em!
  • Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a hard time getting those little wings off to put the hot sauce on them, and there ain't much meat on them either!
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218peepkeeper- you crack me up! and as for those of you that eat them things, save your appetite for some of them orange circus peanuts and little wax bottles filled w/colored sugar water...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Peeps is the coolest. I don't even break them apart, just work my way down the line. Stale is surely the best.
    There is no apology for self defense. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the fact that they are already plucked, but how do you gut them?
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to eat them things, long ago....to many! Now I can't stand to even look at them! They did have to be left out in the open for a few days to get stale.The orange circus peanuts....them are good!Do they still make the plastic bottles with sugar water?
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Nothing goes with them there peep's like WASABI, a li'l dab will do ya!!
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Ms.Beast......back when I was a kid, those little bottles of colored sugar water were made of wax. After you drank the stuff, you could chew the wax bottles like gum.Anybody remember "matching for distance" on the bottom of Coke bottles at the Coke machine (back when Coke was nickle)?
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    When my mother was a kid,they had "penny candies"loose candies,you`d fill a little paper bag,for a penny.She was still 13 when she married my dad(23),a gator hunter(poacher).When they`d get ready to go off in the boat on a hunt,for a few nights,my dad would get the coffie,suger,flour,a case of salt,for salting down the hides,etc..all the stuff they`d need to survive in some wild country.My mother would buy a bag of "penny candies"for the trip. .218
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good job will270, I cant believe we got a thread on Peeps started by a fellow jar head, simply amazing, 'and still going'
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I meant to say wax, not plastic. I remember them well, drink the sugar water and walk around chewing on the wax to get the last of the sugar out!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's been a long time since I did some quality "chillin" with my peeps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, they are good when cold also. Especially with a cold glass of peep colored milk!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just to bring it back.

It has become my purpose in life to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    WEASEL-88WEASEL-88 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got some that have out of the pack for three weeks now and they are better than fresh, not too good with beer.

Too Old To Fight,Too Lazy To Run!