In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
i am considering buying a springfield armory 1911a1 model .45 it is used but looks NIB they want 499.00 for the gun it has a blued finish and is flawless looking even under bright lights is it worth it?{it seems that it has no custom work done}

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is close to dealer.If it has the case and papers,get it and shoot the * out of it.They are good 45s.cpermd
  • Options
    hyperspacehyperspace Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are good guns. It is pretty close to new cost, though. I picked up a Springfield 1911-A1 SS Loaded, NIB, back in October for $589. I could have bought the same thing blued for $569. Something to consider:Springfield's lifetime warranty only applies to original purchaser, according to the papers.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield makes a good 1911. I would do two things. Take a look at the magazines and the mag well. If they are nice and shiny and unscratched like the gun it may be a sign the gun was shot very little. I would also pull back the slide and look at the ramp & chamber area. If this shows no excessive wear, I'd say you've got a very nice used gun there and the price is reasonable for a Springfield. It will probably last longer than you or I will.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield's are pretty sweet shooters. I got myself one of the compact lightweights in stainless steel. Nice shooter, but it needed to be broken in with 200 or so rounds of Wolf ball before it functioned flawlessly. Rule of thumb with Springfield 1911's: Ditch the factory mags asap and buy some Wilson's. The factory mags stink to high heaven.