In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody Play Ghost Recon?

Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Some of us at other gun-related boards are looking to set up a regular playing time for all of us who play Ghost Recon. Drop me a PM or a post here if you are interested in participating.
Stand And Be Counted

Comments

• Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it good? I'm a penny-pincher when it comes to buying games. There's nothing I hate worse then buying a game and then not liking it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is, without a doubt, the best military simulation/first person shooter I have ever played.Well worth the cash. Drop me a line if you get it!
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Tell me more about this.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you guys still buy games and other software? Y'all just need to look, be real surprised what lay under titles like WAREZ.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the system requirements? I may just go ahead and buy it because I am upgrading my RAM and buying a video card soon. I don't get into games but shoot-em-up military style stuff is good.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check out: www.ghostrecon.com or www.ghostrecon.net For more info on the best military game ever created.
  • Options
    ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been a Rogue Spear fan for a long time, will definetely have to pick this up this weekend.Didn't see too much on weapons you can select, always liked the option in Rogue Spear to have an M-14 or P-90...
  • Options
    ADfreeADfree Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the AI better than that on rainbow 6? I used that cd as a target...The only game I play right now is Tactical Ops, which is a mod for Unreal Tournament.I think I will look into Ghost Recon now though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't like the poor selection of weapons, either. However, there are numerous aftermarket MODs that can be downloaded from the Net.I'm sure they'll have am add-on pack sometime soon anyhow. The AI is much better than that of Rainbow 6. Rainbow's AI was a joke. Try Ghost Recon on even the easiest setting. The AI opponents are nothing to scoff at!
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just want to know, do you have to study anything to play this game? And is there some sort of head set with voice activation available to control actions?My fingers don't keep up with my "processor" quick enough for simple computer or N64 games other than maybe Tetras.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys should try "Half-Life", the WW2 mod is killer. Up to 32 people can be in one game simultaneiously.
  • Options
    Hans GrueberHans Grueber Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys should try "Half-Life", the WW2 mod is killer. Up to 32 people can be in one game simultainiously.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Evil,Have you tried Operation Flashpoint yet? Originally, I bought Ghost Recon first, but the other day I saw Operation Flashpoint and the Half-Price book store for 19 bucks so I had to get it. I have to say, I think it is in every way equal, if not better to, Ghost Recon. It has all the great features of Ghost Recon, plus all vehicles are usable, you get to use the traditional iron sites (none of this crosshair bs), you can pick up or discard weapons in the field and you can have a 3rd person Pov. I still love my Ghost Recon, so let me know when and where your playing. Do you connect through UBI? If so add me to your friends list, the username is the same, 'thesupermonkey'. Munkeythesupermonkey@hotmail.com
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Problem is, I think they tried a little too hard on the AI.I'm sorry, but I simply refuse to believe that an untrained street terrorist with an Uzi can spot me from 150 yards away, fire full-auto in the same second he sees me and hit me square in the head with his first 3 shots.I also refuse to believe that a relatively low recoiling gun like the M-16, while firing a 5-round full-auto burst is utterly inaccurate after the second shot.They really need to revamp the recoil/accuracy reticle model, because it's plain ridiculous, not based on any fact, and inaccurately biased for the purpose of making the game harder.If you want to make the game harder, then do it some other way than making a state of the art gun unrealistically inaccurate or an untrained street-urchin terrorist with a cheap Uzi an unrealistically good shot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bullzeye,Which game are you referring to buddy? First off, I don't believe Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint feature an Uzi( Although I could be mistaken), and second there is a 3 round burst option but not a 5. In Ghost Recon, the burst option is fairly accurate and can keep all three shots on a man sized target under 100 yards provided you don't twitch the barrel. Also, these aren't your the ordinary 'untrained street terrorist', your fighting highly trained Russian Spetsnaz. The combat is very realistic and gripping. Advancing takes on a whole new meaning when your 15 minutes worth of crawling, trudging and hiding can be taken away in the far off crack of a hidden m16, sending you back into the queue to watch helplessly as your men fall one by one and never spot the enemy. Your heart pounds as an unseen support soldier rips up the group around you with his SAW as you dive behind the closest rock. Your better judgement tells you to run like heck for the next rock, because they are surely flanking you! Before you have a chance to give it a second thought you hear a scream in the distance... "Grenade!". This isn't your daddy's Wolfenstien, and doing anything, including nothing can get you killed...GAWD I can't wait to go home and Play !!!!!Munkey
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Evil,You been playing online any? I've been on it practically non-stop since I bought it. Out of all of the different soldiers and weapon configurations my favorite is Demo with the Mp5 and sensors. Especially when you don't play with the silly unrealistic Threat Indicator. Place a sensor behind and in front of you and bed down for the long haul. The great part about the Mp5 is you can miss several times before they even realize your shooting! The other night I set a new record for myself, I got 7 boogies before I bought it. In Quake that would be laughable in Ghost Recon it's godly.VIVA LA GHOSTS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ps...Here are some pictures for those of you who'd like to know what your missing...Hey Bullzeye, here are your street thugs Can you see the sniper?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Monkey Man:I play quite a bit online in the UBI rooms.However, since I've got Baby Evil to take care of, I don't get a chance to get online until about 2200, WA state time. Aren't you back East? That'd make my starting time 0100 for you. However, I'll definately add you to my buddy list. I still play on the weekends, so we can get some time in then. My user name on UBI is "EvilATF".
    Stand And Be Counted