In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paintball Hunting

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I would like some other people's opinion's as to what they think of those (adults) that purchase Paintball Guns and go to the woods to hunt and shoot at each other.Maybe if I were younger I would have a differant opinion of this. I have some younger friends that do this.I don't understand.
I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.

Comments

• songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever happened to those wars with the one pump cheap bb guns. are they affraid they will put their eye out?songdog
    Be bold in what you stand for, careful in what you fall for.
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didnt play nice . I used a sheridan bluestreak
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paintballing is probably the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.Then again, I'm one of those "crazy, ultra right wing, militia loonies."I don't understand how people can get a stiffy over this. It's fun. It teaches good tactics. It beats the hell out of kids running around smoking dope, killing each other, etc. Good wholesome fun.
  • thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paintball teaches kids the basics of handling firearms in a safe, responsiblemanner...and it's fun!! It is a good way to get all the family outdoors for a little exercise. Helps teach eye/hand coordination that will come in useful later when they want a real gun.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I'm sure it's a real blast.But based on my experiences with high-schoolers who play paintball, most of them get really, really into it and do it only because their Mommy and Daddy wont let them buy a gun.I've seen it take a really strange and sick theme now and then. Some kids really get off on the welts those paintballs cause on unprotected skin.Much like the first-person shooter computer games of late, if you take a kid with some underlying issues and plug him in, he's gonna blur the line between real and pretend to a point where it gets really unhealthy.Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were fanatic paintballers.Personally, if I had a kid, I'd rather have them squirrel hunting with me, rather than blasting 12 paintballs full-auto into some kid 5 feet away and laughing like a hyena.Addendum: For the record, I enjoy CounterStrike very much. The physics are about as real as can be expected. But when I read that the FN P90 is supposed to take .338 Lapua Magnum rounds, I laughed myself sore. Theres a good one. A submachine gun that weighs about 4-lbs firing .338 Lapua magnum full-auto.Ranks right up there with my .50BMG full-auto infantry rifle I've got on the drawing board.
  • coast2coastcoast2coast Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My youngest son wanted to play paintball when he was about 13. My opinion is that it's not proper safety training for children to be taught to shoot guns of ANY type at people, so I told him no. But I also told him that if he wanted to learn to shoot, he could learn to shoot real guns. He jumped right on that. He joined the local 4H junior gun club (and I signed up as a volunteer), learned to shoot rifle and shotgun and then became my skeet partner. Ask him now (he's 19) and he'll tell you he's had far more fun and learned a lot more doing the real thing than he would have had playing at killing people.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never really saw paintball as "pretending" to kill people, but I saw it as a souped up version of tag. When I was a kid we played tag with tennis balls. We had a blast. It really depends how you enter the arena. If you go in to have fun, you got the right idea. If you go in to PRACTICE, as was the case of the Columbine kids, you have some serious issues.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    I was doing it back about 15-20 years ago when it was getting started. I had some fun doing it. But if I were to do it know I think I'd have to take up one position as a sniper and sit for a long time.
  • .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did it once. Went out with some friends to a paintball "park". Learned VERY quickly that a lot of my tactical ideas were full of (liberal). Came home more filthy + tired than I ever had in five+ years of building maint./construction. Seems like too much work to me, but I agree, probably the ones who go fanatical are the ones who aren't allowed to play with the real thing (Diane Swinestein, take note...not that you ever listen).
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage:I too quickly found out that a lot of my "tactics" would have gotten me killed in a real firefight. Glad I those mistakes when it only cost me a welt and some dirty clothes.Lottsa fun too! Don't knock it till you've tried it, folks!