In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt ar-15

7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Anybody know about how much one is worth? I saw one yesterday and don't know much about it other than it looks new or very well taken care of, has a long barrel with a muzzle brake on it(not surpressor), 5 round mag and has a $1295 tag on it.Good deal or bad deadl? One man store and the sales man was real busy yesterday and I couldnt get his attention long enough to be nosey.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    This thing had a tag on it stating it was a colt and .223. It caught my eye because at first I though it was a pre ban but the fella did answer that as a "no" and that was a muzzle brake on it. After that he got swamped with customers and I left. still thinking about it and if somebody thinks its a good deal I may become the owner of another ar-15.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    I bought a Bushmaster from a dealer a while back and at the time he ordered mine he also ordered a AR-15 Colt for speculation. He told me that both rifles had cost him approx. 1500 bucks. I think it may be overpriced! Auto.... But before I could get mine picked up he had sold the AR-15..so it was a bargain...
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a look at #2780225Depends what model, but the price on this one is about right, $1250 is much.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will go back up on monday to see just what it is and then we can find out if its a good deal
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Price sounds very high to me for a postban Colt AR15 for this area.Check http://www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2780225 cpermd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will check to see if thats what it is. If so is it better than my bushmaster? Maybe I will contact that seller on monday about his.
  • Options
    Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know anything about prebans other than I think they are over priced and I don't see any why. Do they shoot better? I have looked at AR prices for a while and am privy to wholsale prices.This is from Zanders Sporting Goods Colt 6731 16.1" barrel flat top 769.95 Colt 6700c 20" flat top with copensator 839.95 The most expesive one listed is 869.95, now shipping will be about 20 bucks and dealer mark up goes from there. I know these dealers must make a living and pay the bills (so some mark up is understood)but not all in one day. Also I tried to order one after sept 11 and there are not very may black rifles out there. Sorry if I just pissed off a bunch of shop owners.
    "Protect the Right to Protect yourself"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The dealer I go to for non hunting guns deals mainley in military arms and handguns. He has a few rifles and shot guns but not many. I bought my Bushy off of him and paid around the same price but it had a leupold scope, bipods and a 20 round mag plus a few extras. He sells an awfull lot of ar's, ak's, sks's among other military guns and alot of people buy from him as he has or can get most anything you want. Just a little pricey. I have heard good and bad about the colts and that is why I was wondering if there was something special about this gun, like I said I will find out monday what the scoop is since he has others in the $800-$900 range.
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    i bought a bushmaster about three weeks ago,dealer had a colt h-bar with 20 inch barrell for 875.00 this is a postban new in the box. hope this helps you out.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why buy a jammamatic Colt when you can get a brand new, 100% mil-spec Bushmaster for $799?