In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Evil ATF

ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I just wanted to say thanks for posting info about Coles Distributing. I ordered some M1A mags from them on Wednesday, and got them today (Friday). They were exactly what I was looking for, and way less than I've seen them in quite a while. Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The wife and i hit rush hour traffic while driving through your village last Friday on our way to the ocean, It took about an hour to get from Jansen Beach to 123rd, 75 mph is not good for someone thats been going 4.5 mph in a combine for the last 38 days.We caught lots of salmon at Ilwaco,I puked my guts out when the boat left bouy 10 and crossed the bar, 12 ft swells,the rolling hills of the Palouse are no match for the rolling waves of the Pacific. The skipper's son was on board,he teaches 7th grade in your village. We finished our vacation with a drive down the Oregon Coast. Fort Clatsop, Tillamook cheese,Cannon Beach, Lincoln City and Newport aquarium. All very cool places.
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST[This message has been edited by ysacres (edited 09-07-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saw your post at Josey1's "Guns and Freedom". As more of the crowd takes the time to read it I'm sure you'll just get madder. Doubt you'll appreciate what I've got to say but believe it or not, I mean well with it.

I spent five years working the bodyguard gig with an older and wiser man when I was in my thirties. He used to tell me I might be a grown man when I turned 40, said the same thing when I did turn forty referring to my fifties. You get the drift.

I'd known him since my mid-twenties, met him the very first day home from VN. He, by the time he hired me in 1980, knew me pretty well.
    He was wealthy of course, but had grown up with nothing. No education to speak of, but he wasn't afraid of work AND he understood people. He HATED paying taxes, he didn't have much good to say about politicians, even the ones he knew and associated with. But he paid what was asked and he voted.

Told me all we could ever do was vote for the one we liked best. Sorta the same thought on picking out a horse to ride, or a pretty girl to dance with. You take what you can get.

When most of us reach our thirties, we look back and smile at a lot of the dumb things we've done. When we get into our 40's, well then we usually start laughing (or crying) about those same silly mistakes.

I'm in my mid-fifties and don't really feel a whole lot smarter, but I do know I'm wiser (if that makes sence to you).

There's some at this forum with much more experience with lifes choices and decisions, we all ought to try and learn from them. As the old adage goes, "you better learn from others mistakes cause you won't live long enough to make them all yourself".

Where I'm leading with this is, I've noticed in another thread or two that you have stated your feelings on several topics pretty strongly. I also recall you stating very seriously that you are planning on actually running for president someday down the road.

Don't you think that rational discussion would perhaps get you a few more votes? I assure you, screaming, cussing and stomping your foot is only going toget you a dusty, sore throat! Don't you think you should be cultivating votes rather than calling people names and laughing at those of us who show our patriotism with pride.

Actually I agree with you more than you'll most likly accept, we almost all at this forum would fight for our rights. Many of the same things you care for with so much passion.

Josey1's story that he shared was about freedom! about gun ownership and many of the reasons why. Why we all care so much. Why we should be trying to agree rather than finding something to call others names about.

Go back and read it again, I'm going to more than once.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Need your advise please. We purchased a jacuzzi this year for our yard. Now that winter is coming here in the Northeast, I am wondering what to do with it. Some people say to let it run all winter even though we can't use it, while others advise us to drain it and winterize it. If you agree with draining it, how do I winterize it? I would really appreciate your input. Thanks!
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelI am the NRA, the RKBA, NJ Area Rep for the 2ampd, and the AARP :(njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    By chance, what was the Skipper's last name? I do believe I know him!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cap't GrayDarren Gray ,Also the football coach.You have any rug rats[This message has been edited by ysacres (edited 09-07-2001).][This message has been edited by ysacres (edited 09-07-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but he's only 3 weeks old! I only asked becuase MY 7th grade teacher, who's a customer of mine, also does charter fishing on the side. I wish we coulda gotten togther while you were in town. Maybe next time.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Curious...........ysacres just described the village that I get to drive thru in rush hour every damn day of the world and I come from the next state just for the pleasure!Yes..........8th worse traffic in the nationEdith Bunker in the mayor's officeLEO's that shoot people seemingly for sportDecent gun show this weekend Now the Palouse Country.......Not much for deep sea fishing Could spend a lifetime trying to find enough wood to whittle a toothpickSome of the most uniquely beautiful land in God's creation
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep, I did not catch your last post before i left town. sure had some time to burn at 5pm in Jansen Beach. We go over every year, so next labor day have one of them AK's ready to go home with me. By then you'll be selling M1 grande's. HAHA
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST
  • Options
    edited November -1
    stanmandon't let road rage get ya down good buddy,that traffic ya'll got is noth'in compared to 4 combines do'in 4.5 mph down HY 395 on the 4th of July
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST
  • Options
    bikrprchrbikrprchr Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ysacres, I have seen you post several times, I also am from Washington. Live in Yakima, but make it down around the Burbank to Prescott zone from time to time preaching / wandering the hill sides. You mentioned 395, how far out do you live? We usually go 395 on our way to Spokane when we go. Maybe it would be good to get together and shoot sometime. Good folks to shoot with are hard to come by around here. Evil, where is your shop? I am headed to Canon Beach on Monday, and back home Thursday. If it is somewhat on the way, would love to check it out. Always looking for a good shop to deal with.
    1 Cross + 3 Nails= 4given[This message has been edited by bikrprchr (edited 09-07-2001).][This message has been edited by bikrprchr (edited 09-08-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure if it's what you meant, but just to clarify, I'm not yet an FFL. I'm co-owner of a pool and spa store in Cascade Park. Hopefully I'll get my FFL sometime before the second coming of our Lord Christ, but I'm not holding my breath. The ATF just doesn't seem to like me for some reason...could they be (GASP) lurking on the board!?!?