In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Concealed carry, okay when you're a polititian?

opentopopentop Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Finally got a response from California Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding whether she ever had a concealed carry permit and a handgun. Here is her response:Dear Mr.(I have deleted my real name): Thank you for writing to me about my permit to carry aconcealed weapon. I would like to take this opportunity to set therecord straight. I possessed a concealed weapon permit for a short timebeginning in 1976. In the mid-1970s, a terrorist organization -- theNew World Liberation Front -- carried out two attacks against meand my family. In the first, a bomb was placed outside the windowof my daughter's bedroom. It detonated but did not explode. Wewere lucky: the weather was particularly (and unusually) cold, andthe explosive they used didn't explode in below-freezingtemperatures. In the second, they shot out the windows of ourbeach home. My husband was terminally ill with cancer at thetime. Later, some of the members of the New World LiberationFront were arrested, and the threat abated. At that point, I had thegun -- and several other weapons that were turned into the police --melted into a cross, which I presented to Pope John Paul II when Ivisited Rome in 1982. Currently, I do not possess a gun, nor do Ihave a permit to carry a concealed weapon. I hope this addresses what you may have heard on thesubject. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitateto call my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841. Sincerely yours, Dianne Feinstein United States Senator http://feinstein.senate.gov So, I guess it's okay to carry concealed when you're a polititian who fears for your life, but it's not okay for us everyday, average folk. Interesting.

Comments

• Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, OK Diane, but what does that fact that your husband was terminally ill with cancer have to do with the subject? I'll tell you what....simply a typical touchy-feely liberal attempt to gain sympathy. The woman is so disgustingly phony that it makes me want to PUKE!!!!Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!Let me update that.Anyone who CAN carry, BETTER carry.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    opentop- Yes, now you understand perfectly.MUDGE- You are one helluva perceptive SOB. That cancer comment was a good catch. I would like to know why she would fear the Symbanese army. The left has always told us what a super organization they were.
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Williams81- Well her richness was probably another reason she felt she was entitled to carry. In New York city, only the wealthy will be entertained with the idea of a carry permit.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd encourage everyone here, regardless of your home state, to quote the above letter and respond to her with a rebuttal. You all make excellent points. Let's all make sure she knows her crap won't float.