In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield M1A Question

Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I'm looking to put my new found passion for Springfield M1A into action. So could the M1A owners out there shed some light on this weapon (Std m1a, scout squad in particular)?
Really appreciate it!
[:)]

BP

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What makes the various models different, besides $500 and $1,500? I see that there's a "Plain Jane", a Match and a Super Match.Am I missing any? What's the differance between the three?
  • Options
    ED PED P Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil,I just brought the Standard Model last week.Even the Standard GI model has a very comfortable, liquid smooth trigger pull. I'm used to an SAR-1 and Mini-14 though, so I'm judging it against more utilitarian rifles.The Walnut stock will run you more than fiberglass. The Match models (unless I'm mistaken) don't have a chrome lined barrel, to improve accuracy, but I opted for a longer wearing barrel in a Standard, which is chrome lined.To me, this was more important than the accuracy gains.Have you considered the M1A Scout model? They are shorter and allow a scope mount, while still keeping the receiver open for using stripper clips, which I think are very handy compared to multiple mags.M1A Scout at bottom of picture here. http://www.springfieldarmory.com/products.shtml [This message has been edited by ED P (edited 09-18-2001).]
  • Options
    Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    EVIL,did you get a chance to check out the Springfield M25 .308WIN?It is based on the military's XM25
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    VERY LOOSELYUnless they have changed some parts?cpermd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No I haven't, Josey. Would you be able to post a link to one for me?