In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jeweling

niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
I saw some sellers on E**y that do jeweling to hanguns and rifle bolts. I was thinking about doing this to some of my guns, but wanted advice on which. Not sure if it would look good on one, ugly on another...

My 10/22- all black.. carbon fiber barrel, hogue stock

My Sig 229- Not sure if it would be too flashy.. it's 2-tone, the slide is already nickel

My Glock 22- just thought it would look neat

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What, exactly, is jeweling?

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the bolt on a rifle, the neat designs are jeweled.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old timers may call it "machine turning". It will have the appearance of 3/4 of a circle, round shiny swirl.

Them ducks is wary.

Edited by - booger on 04/19/2002 10:47:17
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To see what jeweling is, go to E**y and type "glock Jewel" and you'll see a guy advertising the service with pics.

It's basicaly a wire brushing that gives surfaces a shiny pebbled look

NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    niklasal,
    Have you heard of Actions by "T" ? I have heard he does an awesome job on any pistol, especially for concealment. I don't think it's the same type of jeweling you are talking about, he puts actual jewels on parts on the inside. He smoothes over the whole pistol. When I get my new P-239 I will probably send it to him if I can part with it. They say when he works on a new Sig (or any other) it actually improves the value. His website is www.actionsbyt.com. If I can figure out where I saw some pictures of his work I'll email you the info.