In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey What Happened?

smokinggunsmokinggun Member Posts: 590 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
What happened to the Confederate Flag post? I guess it got too ugly. Well here are two of my favorite Confederate flags

Edited by - smokinggun on 04/12/2002 23:11:30

Comments

• Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    someone got offended because someone called them a bad word-so he wheezed and whined, and the thread was deleted.
    Happiness is a warm gun
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Redneck pride, Southern pride, Reb pride. Whatever, I think you have a right to display any flag you want. As long as you will stand up behind the American flag with me if need be! I think it's a cool flag, and it's part of the history of this great country. Hey, there's alot of stuff that offends me, but being a white male, I'm supposed to take it. Not any more, they can all just "BITE ME"! If being proud to be white makes me a biggot or racist, well so be it. I don't think the flag in question has anything to do with racisim, although some others would disagree with me.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted this once and I'll post it again
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The southern boys fought bravely and with honor an I'm just as proud of them as I am the northern boys. Leave the flag alone. Rosie
  • Options
    Captain GunbrokerCaptain Gunbroker Member Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    The only flag that should be a waving n flappin in the breeze is the skull with the crossbones mate
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes you wonder if the Dukes of Hazzard's car, the "General Lee", could pass todays Hollywood PC test?.....seem to remember the flag was painted on the roof....
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    POINT LOOKOUT CONFEDERATE CEMETERY VICTORYJanuary 29, 2001Baltimore, Maryland.Today, Federal District Court Judge William M. Nickerson ruled in favor of Plaintiff?_Ts motion for Preliminary Injunction and struck a blow against political correctness for all of those who enjoy flying Confederate flags over the graves of their ancestors at Point Lookout Confederate Cemetery.In a sweeping decision demonstrating vindication for people with "Confederate rights," Judge Nickerson basically and categorically handed the Veterans Administration and the Justice Department a pronounced and stunning defeat by dismantling all of the governments faulty notions, weak arguments, misperceptions, and intimidation. In a word, previous actions preventing the flying of the Confederate battle flag at Point Lookout Confederate Cemetery by the Veterans Administration and its employees is "UNCONSTIUTIONAL."Judge Nickerson related that Veterans Administration interpretation of its flag manual policy was inconsistent with the court?_Ts view and that "?_?Plaintiff?_Ts speech is protected speech occurring in the context of a nonpublic forum and that Defendants?_T reasons for excluding the speech fail to satisfy either the reasonableness or view-point neutrality requirements. Accordingly, Plaintiff?_Ts request for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief will be granted."Further, "The form of relief granted is that Plaintiff shall be permitted to display, on a daily basis between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., a full-sized, historically accurate Confederate battle flag from its own pole at Point Lookout. The pole shall be at least three feet lower than the U. S. flagpole at Point Lookout. The placement of the flag is to be agreed upon by the parties but in close proximity to either the Federal or State monument. Plaintiff is to provide all material and labor necessary for the daily placement and removal of the flag. A sign shall be erected at the base of the flag pole clearly indicating that the display of the Confederate flag is provided by a private party or parties."In his opinion, Judge Nickerson tells the public what we?_Tve known all along, "?_?in the context of a Point Lookout, a cemetery established for the sole purpose of honoring Confederate dead, the only rational assumption is that the flag is being displayed because it is the flag under which those buried at Point Lookout fought and died.Fellow supporters, we have a huge Confederate Victory for our ancestors and their good names as a result of Judge Nickerson?_Ts ruling. The VA has thirty days in which to decide if they wish to appeal. Our attorney, Mike Wright, relates, if they appeal, we will soundly beat them at the next level too. Steve Campen, one of our other attorneys shares the same enthusiasm and opinion. All Southerners should be grateful for the efforts of The Rutherford Institute, as both attorneys endeavored under their umbrella.Please take the time to thank the following for this Confederate Victory: Michael F. Wright, Esq., 2049 Century Park East, Suite 3350, Los Angeles, CA 90067; Stephen D. Campen, Esq., 3401 Urbana Pike, 2d Floor North, Frederick, MD 21704; The Rutherford Institute, 1445 East Rio Rd., Charlottesville, VA 22901.Now that we have this victory in federal district court, rest assured that another flag initiative already underway against the Veterans Administration in the Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will continue vigorously and with optimism. Additionally, another case is being prepared against the Veterans Administration and will soon be filed in the same venue. And, as you may imagine, beyond the aforementioned initiatives there is more possible litigation being discussed and aimed at those who choose to defy the Constitution while sullying the reputations of Confederate soldiers and their descendants.Deo Vindice,Patrick J. Griffin, III Past SCV Commander in Chief Darnestown, Maryland
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Edited by - smokinggun on 04/12/2002 23:12:54
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hoooo-hummm barto
  • Options
    dhdh Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a Confederate Cemetery in Alvin Texas where I live and there are Confederate flags on graves there all year long.Also,the main streets down town are named after officers. Lee,Longstreet,Bearougarg,and my personal favorite,Gordon,to whom I am related.There at least 5 flags on Hwy. 6 that runs thru the middle of Alvin and several more throughout town and the surrounding country side.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Grandpa was a Confederate but he wore a union suit.A wooly union suitA scratchy union suit
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How in the hell do you get that to post

IOW the EXTREMELY computer illiterate (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    edited November -1
    IOW,
    If you mean how did I get the post to the top? I was fixing my pictures and when I edited the posts it sent them to the top.