In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NM Game & Fish database?

gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
This year, after several attempts to keep records of who buys hunting licenses, the New Mexico Dept. of Game & fish has decided that in order to hunt; one need only give their Social Security Number.
Ostensibly, according to Dan Brooks (law enforcement officer with the Dept.), the needs of the few are overcoming the security and privacy of the many. Deadbeat Dads are the supposed targets of this database created (and never destroyed) by the Dept.
When I called to express my concerns (since I am childless), I was told that of the 23 million deadbeat dads in Amerika; fully 300 reside in NM, and that's their justification for the invasive, potentially disastrous demand for your National Identity Number.
Disregard the computerized nature of the database, forget that underpaid State employees are now in charge of your most secret of secrets, ignore the underlying agenda of registration, just remember they're doing this "for the children".
I've organized almost 300 members of the NMSSA to write, e-mail and telephone the Governor, DGF Commissioners, and their individual State Reps to bring this to a halt because it is my firm belief that Identity theft will be the benign result of this collection effort, and that a more ominous forecast is the registry of all "sportsmen" (and their guns).

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!

Comments

• Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Part of the agenda of the "MATRIX" program, which is now "temporarily suspended" in the State of Utah, was to include all the Fish and Game Licensees, the records of all who have a Concealed Weapons Permit, Credit History of all citizens, and many other such informational items.

See my other Post of this morning which is entitled "Made the Front Page of the Deseret News..............!

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=92522

Does New Mexico participate in the same MATRIX program?????

I Miss The World I Grew Up In!