In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Waiting just like you are

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
edited November 2002 in General Discussion
I'm waiting for Pickenup to contact me with the winner. I'm going hunting and will be back after dark and check back in.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one

Comments

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    An-ti-ci-pa-shun, an-ti-ci-payaa-shun, is makin' me waaait....
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Uh oh......I ran into my lawyer today in the mall and we got to talking about the "Great Giveaway" Bad news guys and gals!!

The winner, he said, is gonna owe about $5000.00 taxes on all that booty

Charlie the tax cheat

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    The only reason he said that is because he thinks you (his client) might win and he can dig your pockets some more!! Most lawyers (and I said most because there's probably some on here too) are lower than whale s... and it's on the bottom of the ocean!! I hope a Charlie wins!! There are at least four chances for that to happen!! GHD
  • Options
    armed_ femalearmed_ female Member Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Personally, I don't see why the winner would have to pay taxes on stuff given to them as, say a present. It is after all almost Christmas...

SGT RRG

Abilene Regional Director
    Armed Females of America

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target!
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie....
    Tell your "lawyer" that he's full of the well known article. These are gifts, not prizes. They were given to you by your friends. Not unlike Xmas, B'day, Bar Mitzvah, Anniversary, whatever. You don't pay taxes on that stuff either.

Mudge the taxing
    (did I say that right?)

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!

Edited by - Mudge on 11/29/2002 21:51:12
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mudge:

It is my understanding the "Gift" is what you give the Lawyer to confirm your "Prizes" are "Gifts" too!

Fish Shudder at the sound of my Name!