In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More on AOL, as if there wasn't enough

RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Something I think is interesting just came to my attention. A "New 7.0" CD showed up in my P.O. Box and I gave it to my brother who was interested. A Big Sticker on the front proclaimed "No Credit Card Needed" for 1,000 hour 45 Day Free Trial. I was there when my brother installed it on his computer and got to where it DID ask for a credit card number. My brother clicked, "Continue." where it took him to a screen that now wanted his complete Checking Account number. There was very graphic instructions showing which numbers are required on pictures of a check. It also advised that a "$5.00 charge" is assessed on all payments by checks for processing. My brother "Cancelled" and then Un-Installed the software.Here's the point, many local ISP's charge from $9.95 to $19.00 a month for "unlimited" access. AOL is $23.95 according to their newest 7.0 offer.....and you must pay by Credit Card, (so they can add charges anytime in any amount when they want to.) Ask those recently charged for merchandise not ordered. I personally hope they lose in this suit.Another thing, why a $5.00 charge because you pay by check? Only reason I can think of is this is because they can't assess charges as easily to one's checking account as they can to their credit card. Am I right here?Last of all, they don't take CASH! There is absolutely no way on earth to pay your bill to them using the legal tender of the United States of America......Green Money! What the hell is this? AOL is special?If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck,......must be a POODLE, huh? Have you AOL folks thought about this? Never Mind! I probably don't want to know.
If You Can't Buy a Pair, Get a Spare!

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    RancheroPaulYou left out that 45 days is 1080 Hrs.So you would have to be on line 24 hrs a dayfor nearly the entire 45 days to use it up.
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, I did......, sorry about that. Glad to see they, (AOL), is on top of it, though. If they didn't have it as 1,000 hours and had used the 1080 hour figure, they would have been giving a "Free Trial" of "Unlimited Access," and I doubt they would want to do that.......Wow! That could be mistaken for them trying to actually provide service...!!
    If You Can't Buy a Pair, Get a Spare!