In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Knob Creek Ranch

sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Anybody going to knob creek this weekend? I also need the phone number if anybody has it. I have to call to see about getting a tractor trailer into the place. Please let me know if you have it. Thanks, Sandman2234

Have Gun, will travel

Comments

• Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    What is Knob Creek Ranch

We only have a few special years with our children in which they desire our time, attention, and love. After that time is over, it is gone forever, and we will be the ones that desire their time, attention, and love. Make those few, short years count -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Knob Creek Ranch is a big machinegun shoot just south of Louisville, ky. From the pictures I have seen, it is awesome. Happens once a year, for a weekend, and it is this weekend. I have been begging my dispatcher for a load delivering up in Louisville,ky on Monday so I could layover for the weekend. Heading for Atlanta for a delivery in the morning, and hopefully on the way to louisville for the weekend.,
    Wish me luck on finding a place to park my tractor trailer.
    Sandman2234

Have Gun, will travel
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if I am going this year but I usually do. If any of you get the chance come on out. You will see everything from Gatlinguns to miniguns to flamethrowers(which you can rent by the way). It is quite an experience. The shooting sessions are something to see. RULE#1: Bring earplugs. You just can't imagine the noise of 50 cals. Mg42s greaseguns, Thompsons,Vickers, 30 cals,M16, Aks and 20mm makes when they go off at the same time. Some of those guys when they are firing make it sound like a engine running with no exaustpipes. They also put 1/4 sticks of dynamite in the vehicles when they are shooting to make it more interesting. Last year I watched three guys shooting a school bus with flamethrowers. Its quite a rush.
  • Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    It's twice a year. This year it's April 12 13 14 and Oct. 11 12 13.
    You will wear ear protection and a smile ALL DAY LONG!
    Phone (502) 922-4457
    It's worth taking off work to be there.
    If you can't make it, order a couple videos of former events.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are 1 hour videos of this event. Try to get one - it will blow your mind! If my 2 fed. stamps ever get here, I'll be there in the fall.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, here I sit, broken hearted. Had 2 loads set up, one to get me to atlanta, and the other from atlanta to louisville. The last delivered Monday morning, so I had the weekend in Knob Creek. The second half got canceled, so i caught another one back to the house. Too late to start looking for a flight and motel, so i guess I will just have to dream about it, and order the video...

Have Gun, will travel