In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The stunts kids pull

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
My 24 year old son met some chick on the net,in Canada.He took off to meet her ,driving a truck with a temporary tag., lord only knows what he did with the guns I bought him over the years. The finance co. for the truck finally quit calling after a few months,he hasn`t contacted his former employer for his wages(over $1000.).He has had depression in the past,I dont know what to think ,worry or be mad at him. take your best shot,if your kid meets some chick on the net ,I hope he`s still alive.
Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Damn kids anyway.Hope yours is OK.All mine did was get a DWI, then another before he went to court for his first, then not bother to show-up in court at all, then get a driving-on-suspended-license ticket to cap it all off.His license is suspended for 2 years, he has to go to drug and alcohol classes twice a week 'till the end of time, and if he ever gets his license back he'll have to install one of those blow-in-it-before-the-car-will-start pieces of equipment.He's 25 years old and I'm driving him to and from work, to and from D&A classes, and to and from college classes.His mom (my ex wife) won't do squat to help. All she does is piss and moan about it being "just more than she can handle."I feel like getting on my Harley and disappearing into the sunset. Never to be heard from again.
  • Options
    opentopopentop Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sympathies and my best wishes that it all turns out okay. I can only imagine what goes throught the mind of a parent who loses contact with a child, no matter what age they are. Again, all the best. Hang in there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider,what can I say man,thanks for lettin` me know it aint just me. opentop,that`s very kind of you,I know you mean it.
  • Options
    John Wayne FanJohn Wayne Fan Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, heres a view for you, I am close to my mid 20's. I have done some stupid things in my life. When I was 17 my father got a call three in the morning to come pic up his son at the local pd. He said BS hes in bed. When he looked he saw an empty bed and a missing screen. Got to the station to find out his son, me was caught in a stolen car with friends who took it for a joy ride. Lets just say pissed off is a nice way of describibg hes demeanor. My father was a hard * and a pain in it too. Im very glad he was, Im am now living with my wife in our little place starting out in life, hoping myself to one day be the father he was/is to me. My teen years were ruff but now we have a good relationship and im glad for that. I look back now and wonder why didnt he kill me with some of the crap I pulled. Back then I use to think he was overeacting. How funny!Now that fatherhood is a realistic thought for me, I comend my father and all others, raising a kid is hard work, thinking about having my own excites me and frightens the death out of me. A close friend just had her first, a little girl, I see how frail she is, how precious, how in need, and I wonder if and when I have mine will I raise it right? Will it make the same mistakes I did? hope not. Will I be a good enough teacher so it doesnt end up the way my friends endedup? I use to think my fathers ways of raising me were wrong now I dont think that so much. This probably doesnt help you much but know Sons mess up, not always do whats right but even if they dont show it or say it, love their fathers!
    "Fill your hands you son of a *"....John Wayne ....True Grit
  • Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the son of my dad's friend has got into some problems himself.Maxed out 3 credit cards (doesnt pay them)signed up for 2 cell phones (pays neither)bought a used car. Parked it at the bank when he couldnt pay for it. The bank was like "I think not!". Stole several thousand from his father and now has a child on the way. needless to say his father is paying for everything while hes %&*#ing up his life!
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will not approve of many things they do. You will get mad as hell at them from time to time and think there is no hope for them. Some times theres not. I will bet you all any thing or any amount on one thing. You or I will never stop loving them. Rosie
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    218, you, your family, and your son are in our prayers. My wife and I went through it for 7 years. I was in the same spot you find yourself in. I finally decided that I would love him as a son, but I would no longer help or worry about him. You can't believe you would ever get to that point. He's now 28, and has been constantly improving for the last two years. What I'm trying to say is, I know the hell you're living through, but there is hope. Have faith and pray for the best, but if he shows up again, hold him responsible for his actions. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    tightbredtightbred Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had just about the opposite happen to me. My dad had the $$ to put me through college, but had me take out student loans ANYWAY. He had me apply for several (like 8) credit cards and use them to buy groceries, books, etc, while going to LSU. All the while telling me that he'd pay off the loans and credit cards, and that it would buid good credit for me. Well, just before he got a large settlement and he UP AND LEFT. Jerking the "finiancial rug" out from under me and my mother (who hadn't worked in 25 yrs b/c he didn't allow it) So after 3 years at LSU, I had to get a job and start paying the $30 + thousand that I took out in student loans, he had also let the credit cards max out just before he left. I haven't seen him in 2 yrs b/c I live next door to my mom and he is wanted in this state for not paying "maintenance" to my mom. So, I guess that extra few hundred dollars a month is worth more than seeing me. I've seen my dad two times in the last 5 yrs, one of those times he let his girlfriend curse me and push me around. I still owe $30K in student loans,and with three years of college, I work as a roughneck (some of my co-workers can't even read) and help my mom out by paying her bills.
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two instances come to mind, once my youngest one and his friend (about 10 yrs old} were camping out in the back yard, they got BB guns out and began shooting at the hubcaps on passing cars...happen to miss and hit a car belonging to one of my friends, who is an LEO...he scared the hell out of them, and I scared what ever was left out of them...Another time the kids set off a string of firecrackers right by a window where I was taking a nap....right at that moment a squad car came by and pulled into the drive. Kids took off while I tried to rub the sleep from my eyes and explain what had happened to the LEO.That's the worst they ever did, sure didn't seem funny at the time...we chuckle about it now. I really feel for you parents and the problems you're going thru...our prayers and thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218BeeKeep,Do I understand you correctly, you have not heard from your son in "months"? Is that "abnormal"? What's the longest you've never heard from him before?Can you contact him if you needed to? Do you know the city he went to? The name, or email address of the girl he went to meet? Or even how he met online? A specific chat room, her/his id's in that chat forum?If his not contacting you/you not hearing from him, is unusual, maybe you should consider a missing persons report? Especially is you cannot verify that he made it to Canada/his destination.
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218b,I certainly feel for you, I know exactly what you're going thru. Not because my boys were bad but because I was just awful when I was a kid, Man I put my folks thru HELL !!! I thank my lucky stars that my kids are wonderful and I feel like crap when I think about what I did and when I hear about folks like yourself. I hope all works out for you and yours. I'll be thinking of ya...good luck
  • Options
    PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218....Say a prayer and have the faith to believe in it. Whenever things don't go the way I feel they should my wife always tells me "things happen for a reason" and that it's all "In God's plan". I know she's right and although this may not help much now, God willing you'll be able to look back on this someday with a little more humor. I think I speak for many here when I tell you we all hope your son's ok and that whatever's going on will work out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, you folks are the best.I have not heard from him for about7 months,1 month is not unusual.He was living with a gal I didn`t care for,they both knew the chick on line. He took off,and I didn`t know till a couple weeks later.He took his computer,and the gal he lived with says he called her ,saying he was in Buffalo ,then confessed to be near Toronto with the other girl.This kid was a clean cut Republican,worked with me for years,insisted on getting home in time to get ready for Martial Arts class,was a black Belt,wouldn`t even use a strange toilet he was so clean.When he moved in with this one chick he went down hill,no drugs though.
  • Options
    legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218bk. olde buddy its been awhile since i talked to the big guy. But i think prayer tonite will help. Hope the best for ya.
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So when I`d heard they broke up I was relieved,but then I found out he had taken off.Not even a call for fathers day.Now I`m stuck with a beautiful left handed 110 Savage in 30-06 with fine walnut and a detachable mag(it aint no wallmart gun)that I bought for him a week before I found out he`d split.HaHaHaHa...funny how guns come into everything around here,huh?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    legn4,7 months ago I`d never touched a computer `cept to move `em and paint behind `em, that`s what I do.Now I`m makin good friends on one,and buddy, you are one of the best! I think we need to round up ol` Rembrandt,and go gator wraslin`, If he holds the spot light ,I believe me and you can slip in the water and get `em out.Then me and you can hold the light and that ol` boy can take a turn at `em.It`ll all be in fun ,but it aint really legal.Don`t worry we wont get in the water with any over 7 ft long,but we`ll need to keep a lookout for them 12 footers that could be attracted by the thrashin around.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?[This message has been edited by 218Beekeep (edited 09-08-2001).]
  • Options
    shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218, I kind of know what you are going through with your son becouse I have a younger brother who takes off chasing skirts sometimes for more than a year without a word.It worries me to death wondering where he is but he always comes back.If you are the kind of dad I think you are I'm sure that he knows where to go if he needs any thing and when he gets this out of his system you will hear from him. My prayers are with you and yours,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    shane thanks man,I`m hoping that is what`s going on .Do ya think maybe you could just let me in on where that place is that you like to deer hunt?I wouldn`t tell any body .
  • Options
    sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darn, wish I had known. I saw a truck with a guy in it, sporting a temporary tag headed North Last Feb. Seemed kinda odd, since most of them are headed south....Will keep him in our PRAYERS
    Have Gun, will travel