In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

(C&P)Holocaust survivor: Jews have not learned the

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Holocaust survivor: Jews have not learned the lesson
Feb 24, 2004, 14:59

Occupied Jerusalem - A holocaust survivor has criticized Israel for treating the Palestinians people in the same way the Nazis treated Jews during the Second World War.

Hajo Meyer, an 80-year-old Jewish writer who arrived at The Hague to protest the apartheid Wall Israel is erecting in the West Bank, said Jews have not learned the right lessons from their experience with the Nazis.

"Many Jews have not learned the right lessons from Auschwitz," aljazeera.net quoted him as saying.

"They interpret `Never Again' to apply only to Jews whereas it should apply to everybody."

Meyer, who fled from Germany to Amsterdam as a refugee in 1939, said human rights should apply to all people regardless of their ethnicity.

"I am against any infringement of a person's rights based on the grounds of race or ethnic belongings."

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Hypocrisy is the homage paid by vice to virtue.
Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

Comments

• nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Back on your meds I see... I usually use you for a guidepost Hairy.
    I look at your posts, then am assured of doing the right thing by steering in the opposite direction.

Lately your posts have been agreeing with my point of view. I'm getting worried![;)]

Nord