In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SKS Magazine Problem: HELP!!

HojoHojo Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I recently purchased a 30-round detachable Zytel magazine for my SKS. I checked with the ATF office in my city to make sure it was legal on my gun beforehand.The mag is black Zytel with COBRAY stamped on the bottom.Problem is now that I got it I cant make it work, and I'm afraid that I'll end up with a serious problem if I tinker any more.First problem was this: when I loaded it into the gun without any rounds in it, the two curving sides of the magazine designed to keep the rounds in were so protrusive inward that I couldnt get the bolt past!I proceeded to file them down to a level which allowed the bolt to pass.New problem: I loaded the magazine, slapped it into my SKS, and carefully shut the bolt to chamber a round. No problem. Fired a shot, and the next round up jammed. Really, really badly jammed.I cursed some, stomped some, and extracted the round and tried again. I manually guided the first round into the chamber, made sure the bolt was locked, and fired again.This time, the next round somehow ended up being popped out of the magazine and HORIZONTALLY stuck between the bolt and the chamber. You should have heard me scream.So now the question is, what do I do? Is there any way I can fix this? Is there any plausable explanation for this?I'd like not to have to toss the mag and start over from scratch, but if I have to then I will.Please give me any advice you might be able to offer.

Comments