In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Generations

s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
what or how long is a generation[?]
like when someone says 4 generations ago or my family has been here 6 generation.
20 years
30 years
50 years
or dad , grandfather ,great grandf. , great great GF.[?]
how do you count it[?][?][?]
your thoughts

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm familiar with the War Baby generation, which was followed by the Baby Boom, then there was some period called the Baby Bust, and Kids of the Boomers; And now I hear there is a Y Generation- or is it the WHY Generation? If someone would provide a chronology, I'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What do those advertisments mean when they talk of First,Second,and Third Generation Guns?

I am confused at times.We park on driveways anddrive on parkways.
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    For example...take a glock 19

first generation, no finger grooves on the grip, no accessory rail.

second generation, finger grooves were added, but still no rail

third generation, finger grooves, and a rail (these are the current ones)

Fourth generation (as per the Glock annual publication) same as 3rd, but with an integral lock that has a special key

hope that helps...im sure there are other improvements on the insides of the gun as well, but these are the more visible ones (and the only ones that i know for sure.)

Alex
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Generation = Revision

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it, worry about the fragmentation grenade addressed 'To Occupant'.