In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

History Chanel "The Magnum"

dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Watched this on TV last night. The complaint I have is the comparison of magnum rifles to magnum handguns. It led you to believe handguns are as powerful as rifles. WE know better. They jumped back and forth from the handgun to the rifle like they were equals.

Comments

• Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean they're not?!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    supermonkey--Yes, your Jennings .25 is just the same as a .250 Savage rifle. They put the zero on the end just so you'd know it was a rifle and not a pistol. Reminds me of the time when I first started learning about guns and couldn't figure out why a .308 was more powerful than a .380.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,097 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And the Jennings is more accurate, more reliable, and more durable. Wanna buy a nice bridge?
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Idsman,Quit pulling our legs, we all know that a .380 is more powerful than a .308 cause .380 is more than .308! If we're in a gunfight, and I pull out my trusty Jennings .380 vs your Remington 700 Heavy Barrel in .308 it will be NO competition. Since my .380 is bigger it will go farther and hit harder than your wimpy .308 so there!The Jennings Slingin' Bullet Calculatin' Pistol Whipin' Monkey