In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

yugo sks

shooter/42shooter/42 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Thought I'd give folks a heads up. I just got one of the Yugo SKS's SOG is advertising at "unissued." They are, indeed, unissued and beautiful rifles. Price was $326 and seemed a bit steep but now that I've got the rifle, it was worth every penny.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I am about to purchase two yugo sks's, both are like new in the box. I plan on making one a hunting style rifle with sniper ability,the other maybe a dragonav stock and some paramilitary mods.How do they stack up against Norinco's, and the great russians.I am buying the lnib models
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is a good price for a Yugo SKS?

Thinking bout picking one up from the local army surplus store that also sells guns.

This will be a beater gun and will be abused. I have heard they are tough, but how tough?

What kind of accuracy can I expect using stuff like Wolf Ammunition?

Thanks

ruger2.jpg

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams
  • Options
    edited November -1
    on the yugo sks , i have a question on the grenade launcher sights , i know you probly wont actually find any grenades , but can soneone tell me how they used the sights ?? i mean i know you cut the gas off and pull the sights up but how do you read them ??

the thing that scares me is that we could be living in someone else's own reality
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's the best Yugo deal out there? SOG is advertising excellent condition guns for $129.95 online and then has the same guns for $99.95 in their May flyer (item # SKS-M5966GN)fresh from my mailbox. The trouble is, they are always sold out or waiting for the next shipment...etc. Does anyone know of a good deal out there somewhere?
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly, their barrels are different from the Chinese and the Russians. By the way, how do you give an SKS (or any other gun for that matter) "sniper ability".
  • Options
    jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yea how do you make a rifle have "sniper ability" it not a "sniper" quality round{7.62x39} not have i seen any optics out there for an sks that are would be of "sniper" quality, dude enjoy your rifle for what it is and what you are. neither one of you are "sniper" capable i would bet. CAN WE PLEASE STOP USING THE TERM "SNIPER" SO LOOSELY ON THESE BOARDS!
  • Options
    GrandWizardGrandWizard Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are there any other words besides "SNIPER" that you would like people to stop using ? We want you to be happy.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    GrandWizard...Would you stop using the word"PEOPLE"so smoothly?.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow Grand i didnt know rascist pig bastards could read!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well all i am saying is its ridiculous to go around talking about your "sniper rifle"especially with an sks when you probably could not hit sand if you fell of a camel with it at more than 100 yds. so racist pig * there is your explaination for my thread hope you understand now. {so please dont come blow up my church}
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Real nice, JDB. Yer one suave fella.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lowrider,would you quit sayin` fella so loosely? .218
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218-(no not 280 )HA-HAThanks, I needed that
    Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I.O.W.:We aims ta please. .2....uh....18
    Did sombody say somethin` about bees?
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "SNIPER" isn't in the rifle--it's in the man behind the rifle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Idsman..would you not say "behind"so passionatly?.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    idsman thats my entire point i get stirred up when i hear unqualified people talk about sniper this, sniper that, in any context guess i came off like a jerk.
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did somebody say "Behind?";0 ;0
    "It's great to be great, but it's greater to be human." Will Rogers
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    isn't a sniper some guy that waits until the very last few seconds to bid on something? that's what I thought it was....
  • Options
    niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm staying out of this one...I'm still burned out from last time...
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tears streaming down my face! ROFLMFAO!Stop it, youse guys, yer killin' me! Man, it sure is nice to turn on the 'puter, check in here, and get this kind of a laugh to get yer day started! This is more like the "good old days" were around here. Thanks, guys, I needed that, really.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    .218...ya gunna be ok,buddy?HA,HA,HA,HA.218
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper, sniper.So what ya gonna do about it, eh.Clouder..
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder,Cross hairs have just appeard on my screen.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    shooter/42,The Yugo's are the cream of the crop. They feature a grenade launcher (some of the launchers also double as a muzzel break), a gas cutoff valve on the gas block, a folding front grenade sight ladder, and night sight. This should tell you everything you need to know... just look for the section on the 'Yugoslavian Pluautomatiska Puska M59/66'. Siminov.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am going to ignore you like everyone else on these boards clouder.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    f-everybody in here, f-everybody in here.lol jeez you guys sure how to make a guy be thankful for not being old.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    so now its OLD thats bad- i sense a poof coming on. barto
    the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    We could make it poof Barto - Naw never mind......
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I remember reading somewhere that the average distance in urban sniper scenarios is only about 80 yards.With that kind of distance, you could scope damn near any rifle and probably take the shot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jdb123"wow Grand i didnt know rascist pig bastards could read!"That comment was really uncalled for, don't you think ? Let me ask you a question.Have you always been a filthy mouthed know nothing punk ? Or are you just trying to impress everyone here with your command of the english language ? Punk.
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Command of the English language"?You're impressed easily Wiz Seriously though, clear up the misconceptions for our audience at home, you're not really a racist are ya Wiz?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "know nothing punk" really Grand try me, i stand behind my comments and being considered a punk by a racist should be the goal of everyone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jdb123

I am not a racist, never have been. You are like many who ASSUME that a person is a certain thing based on a name or the color of their skin or their religion. Along with being a punk I would say that you are much closer to being a racist than I am.

"know nothing punk" really Grand try me

Stop it, you are scaring me.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well you have finally stepped up and admitted you are not a racist i have no choice but to take your word for it, i was wrong about that. BUT YOU LISTEN HERE I AM ABOUT AS FAR FROM PUNK AS YOU CAN GET. A SMARTASS SOMETIMES, BUT A PUNK, NOT HARDLY.I HAVE MORE RESPECT THAN MOST MY AGE FOR THE MILLITARY,{DO YOU GET TEARY-EYED WHEN YOU HEAR GOD BLESS THE USA? I DO} NEVER DONE A DRUG IN MY LIFE STILL SAY YES SIR, NO MAM, AND SO FOURTH, I PERCIEVED YOU AS A THUG AND A RACIST WHICH IS WHY I WAS SO PISSED AND APPARENTLY I AM WRONG BUT BELIVE ME I HAVE MORE GUTS, CHARACTER, AND BALLS THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE. SO PLEASE SPARE ME YOURE "OLD GUY GONNA PUT PUNK IN HIS PLACE ROUTINE" YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH OF A SACK TO INTIMIDATE ME.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to start a fight, but if you aren't rascists, WHY do you have "GrandWizard" as a nick? Makes no sense to me.

Interested-Merc

NO! You may not have my gun! Now go crawl back into your hole!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jdb123

well you have finally stepped up and admitted you are not a racist i have no choice but to take your word for it, i was wrong about that. BUT YOU LISTEN HERE I AM ABOUT AS FAR FROM PUNK AS YOU CAN GET. A SMARTASS SOMETIMES, BUT A PUNK, NOT HARDLY.I HAVE MORE RESPECT THAN MOST MY AGE FOR THE MILLITARY,{DO YOU GET TEARY-EYED WHEN YOU HEAR GOD BLESS THE USA? I DO} NEVER DONE A DRUG IN MY LIFE STILL SAY YES SIR, NO MAM, AND SO FOURTH, I PERCIEVED YOU AS A THUG AND A RACIST WHICH IS WHY I WAS SO PISSED AND APPARENTLY I AM WRONG BUT BELIVE ME I HAVE MORE GUTS, CHARACTER, AND BALLS THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE. SO PLEASE SPARE ME YOURE "OLD GUY GONNA PUT PUNK IN HIS PLACE ROUTINE" YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH OF A SACK TO INTIMIDATE ME.

You do like to ramble don't you ? You perceived me as a thug ? and a racist ? You got all of that from my user name and a short post. You are a punk and a funny one at that. Time for bed little man....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mercury

Are you a fast runner ? or a planet ? Then why is your name Mercury.
    The gene pool is getting more shallow everyday....
  • Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have read that you need to watch the Yugo SKS's sold in "not-like-new" condition, because they were primarily used for launching grenades, and were not cared for, and the bores are like sewer pipes. I don't know if it is accurate, but that is the info I have gathered.

DarkStar11"Now is the test of the boomerangtossed in the night of redeeming"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    grand my last post was the final word on this topic we will have to agree to disagree i may have you all wrong but i can promise you have me all wrong. end of discussion