In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mass giveaway

wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
edited October 2002 in General Discussion
So lets get the details down. When do we want it to end? Does anyone
have a problem with the Friday after thanksgiving? That gives plenty of time for people to find sn item to toss in the pot. And what about a special gift for the guy who does the drawing. He can't be in the pot with the rest of us. Nothing great big ,maybe a plaque or something stating he was the first judge in the great big fat GBGDF Thanksgiving Free For All.
Give us some ideas guy.

Do we want to limit it to people who donate or open it to everybody.

Do we put a value limit on the donations.
A minimum or maximum or leave it up to your own generousity?

Do we allow rich crazy guys to throw in a million$$$$(Hint Hint)
or no cash allowed (Too much like a raffle)

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one

Comments

• Options
    STEERZ@NDSTRIPESSTEERZ@NDSTRIPES Member Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be glad to stay out of the drawing and choose a name, come the time. I think that the people that give something should be the ones that get drawn, it's only fair.

Loud Pipes Save Lives...
    But Jesus Saves Souls.
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wipala -

First, please take a look at my post to you in the original thread; posted there before I saw this thread.

Friday after Thanksgiving is fine by me. I would also go along with no upper or lower limits on the gifts, just whatever anybody feels comfortable with, and can afford to give. I also agree that cash probably isn't the best idea.

As far as limiting the drawing to donors or open to everybody, I don't really care. The only thing is, we do have to have a "pool" of names, somehow or other, to draw from. How about this - all who contribute automatically get their name in the pot, unless they state that they only want to give, not receive, and anybody else who wants in on the drawing only has to speak up in a thread set up for that purpose?
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i like most of 280's ideas. how about contributors get 2 entries, while non contributing members recievew only one entry? friday after thanksgiving is a good idea, as i no limit up or down, but i dissagree with no cash. perhaps i want to give but have no idea what might be useful. a lil cash help everyone out. we could email the neutral party with what we are donating, or how much, then work it like all the others here, just enter by requesting such.
    JMHO

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    Like i said toss it around throw in some ideas
    So far we have no upper or lower limit.
    The problem I had with cash is it's to much like a raffle and there might be legal questions.
    I do like the 2 entries for donors idea. being open to noncontributers takes care of that.
    So we have
    1. No upper limit on donations
    2. Anybody who wants can enter once.
    3. If you throw in an item for the pot you get 1 extra chance
    4. Cash is acceptable donation (Might change depends on the response)
    5. The drawing is Friday after Thanksgiving.
    6. If you want to donate but don't want a chance on the drawing you can opt out of the prize

I will run this past Nunn and Admin to see if it is acceptable. We can open it up to suggestions from the floor if there are any more rules or limitations you want post them in this chain

\

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one